Interested in a Career in Biodiversity/Ecosystem Management?
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI), in partnership with the City of Cape Town is looking for a school leaver to become an Invasive Alien Species Project Officer as part of Groen Sebenza (Jobs Fund) Programme, a major skills development and job creation programme aimed at developing priority skills in the biodiversity sector to create sustainable job opportunities for unemployed graduates and matriculants.
The programme offers a stipend of R4, 500.00 per month. Successful candidates will commit to a contract until the 31 December 2015 with their host employer.
Location: South District: Westlake Invasive Alien Species Unit (Cape Town).
- Driver’s license Code 8 / code B, driving a vehicle for at least 12 months proven experience i.e. driving every day.
- MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
- Good English reading and writing skills
The following will be an advantage
- Experience in working in an admin environmentEssential skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Capturing and managing invasive species data
- Managing invasive species clearing teams
- Reporting on progress on monthly basis
- Manage budgets
- Write reports (English reading and writing skills)
- Communicate with EPWP teams (communication skills, fluent in English)
How to apply
Applicants are required to fill in an application form (download here). Applicants are also required to provide recently certified copies of the following documents:
- A certified copy of your ID.
- Matric Certificate
- An abridged CV of no more than 3 pages.
Applications are to be emailed, posted and or delivered to the contact details below by the closing date of Friday the 07 November 2014 at 16h00.
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
Candidates are expected to be available for interviews on a date and time as determined by City of Cape Town, Environmental Resource Management Department. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may consider their applications
Via – SANBI