Submit CV: Graduate Internship at the Competition Commission Careers
Competition Commission Careers: Law Graduate Traineeship Programme 2018
Closing Date: 10 April 2018
An annual total cost to company package of R154 580.30.
The Competition Commission requires young, dynamic graduates, enthusiastic and energetic, with an aptitude for research and analysis to join the Competition Commission as Graduate Trainees.
The Competition Commission is responsible for: investigating and assessing anti-competitive behaviour in response to complaints, investigating large mergers, making the referral to the Competition Tribunal; and investigating and deciding on intermediate mergers. Besides, it undertakes advocacy work to promote compliance with the Competition Act.
Please note the programme is available on a twelve 12-18 months fixed term contract.
- Bachelor of Laws degree(LLB).
- Admitted as an attorney or advocate.
- Be a South African citizen.
- Have obtained an average of 60% pass rate.
- A consistent academic performer.
- Good analytical, research and investigative skills.
- Well-developed writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills, as well as computer literacy, are prerequisites.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Be a self-starter.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- An energetic, dynamic and committed individual.
- An opportunity of being trained in competition law and economics as the first step on an exciting career in this field.
- The opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the dynamic and growing field of competition law in South Africa.
- Technical and Soft Skills training through our Capacity Building Workshops and use of external training providers.
- Monthly stipend to cover your transport fares and living allowance.
- Coaching and Mentorship programme through our seniors in respective divisions.
- An opportunity for you to actively participate in reaching the objectives of building an efficient, free and fair economy for all South Africans.
- A conducive, supportive, stimulating working environment.
- An opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the attainment of the Competition Commission’s vision 2030 of a Growing and inclusive Economy that serves all South Africans.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Competition Commission Law Graduate / Internship Programme
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates