Parts Control Graduate Opportunity at Nissan
Nissan South Africa in Pretoria, Rosslyn is currently recruiting for students to join the Production Control department. Innovation is what Drives us Forward, at Nissan we Look at the World of Tomorrow with Opportunity and Turn Today’s What if’s into Tomorrow’s ‘What Is’ – Innovation is what we do, excitement is your experience.Key Performance Areas
- Expedite critical parts with parts control
- Maintain line side stock accuracy
- Liaise with production and material handling area on any line side parts concerns
- Inventory counts and verification
- To maintain MRP/ ERP systems for Materials Planning Department.
- Ensure availability of parts to production line at all times.
- Report all possible material shortages well in advance.
- Expedite and negotiate with Global and Local Suppliers to ensure availability of materials.
- Prioritize critical material shortages by utilization of MRP/ ERP system
- Requisitions and maintains inventory of materials to meet production demands.
- Maintain administrative systems.
- Train new and existing members in and outside of parts control.
- Administrative tasks, weekly report, minutes of meetings, basic information maintenance, other monitoring and reporting.
- Monitor supplier performance, conduct supplier audits, report on any risks and countermeasures.
- National Diploma in Industrial / Mechanical Engineering / Logistics and or Supply Chain Management ONLY
- Experience in Purchasing, Parts control or Warehousing will be an advantage.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent Verbal and Writing Skills
- Good Organization and Planning Skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, Computer literate (Main Frame, Access, Excel)
- Good presentation skills
- Willing to work overtime
- Work under pressure
- A valid driver’s license (preferably)
How to apply
Click here to apply online