Paramount Group has a temporary position for a communications Intern to join their media department in Johannesburg.
Paramount is the largest privately owned defence and aerospace business in Africa, providing fully integrated turnkey solutions to global defence, peacekeeping and internal security forces.
As a Communication Intern you will be responsible for the following:
- Contribute to and assist in the implementation of the external and internal communications strategy
- Work with the Head of Group Communications to develop and implement key communications projects to support the Group strategy
- Manage the writing, editing and production of external and internal communication materials including staff newsletter
- Manage and arrange media events and logistics around it
- Media monitoring
- Graduate in Journalism or Media studies
- Proven writing skills
- Media relations skills will be helpful
- Experience of providing external and internal communications support role within a complex/diverse organisation
- Knowledge of Mac Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience of events management
- Experience of communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, adapting style to suit the audience and setting
- Experience of writing, editing, proof-reading and mark up of copy
- Knowledge and understanding of the media
- Understanding and actively on social media
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.pnet.co.za/jobs–Communications-Intern-Gauteng-Paramount-Industrial-Holdings-Pty-Ltd–2040586-inline.html?cid=msearche_indeed___AllJobs” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]