Location: North West
Closing Date: 30 April 2014
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to study medicine in Cuba.
Candidates must have passed Matric with minimum medical university entry requirements such as:
- Physical Science = 4;
- Maths = 4;
- Biology/Life Sciences = 4;
- English = 4
- Only candidates with endorsement for a degree/diploma will be considered
- Candidates must be under 25 years of age before 31 December in the year of recruitment
- Candidates must be physically and medically fit
- Applicants must be South African citizens and resident in the North West Province
- Applicants must have a valid passport or must have applied for one at the time of application; proof of application must be attached
- Successful candidates will be required to sign a contract with the Department before departure
- Applicants must note that the Medical Training in Cuba is preceded by a 12-month of Spanish Tuition Course
- Successful candidates must be committed to undertaking orientation to South African conditions upon their return, before deployment in the Province
- Successful candidates must be committed to working in the most underserved areas of the Province upon completion of their studies, or being placed anywhere in the Province
- It is the Department’s prerogative to place students and it has the final say in the posting
- Students already studying or have obtained a tertiary qualification will not be considered
- Students with criminal records will not be accepted.
How To Apply
All applications must be directed for the attention of Ms Mirriam Kgori:
- Can be hand delivered at the Department of Health, Office No 127, Tirelo Building or
- Posted to: Private Bag X2068, Mmabatho 2735.
Application forms are obtainable from any Sub-district Office of the Health Department or from the Provincial Office (Mmabatho), Office No 127, HRD Unit, First Floor, Tirelo Building.
Enquiries: Ms L Rapholo
Tel: (018) 387-1808/1799