Netcare is committed to providing quality care. Do you feel you fit the profile of being caring and considerate for the Pharmacy Internship then Apply for this Opportunity.
Closing date 5 SEPTEMBER 2014
Location NETCARE GREENACRES HOPITAL
- A relevant Pharmaceutical qualification (B Pharm. Degree or Dip Pharm).
- Registration with the SA Pharmacy Council.
- Work experience in a Hospital Pharmacy will be advantageous.
- Sound knowledge of private hospital and retail pharmacy business operations.
- Knowledge of medical aids will be advantageous.
KEY WORK OUTPUT AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Dispensing in and out patient prescriptions under the supervision of a registered Pharmacist.
- Provision of a drug information service.
- Assisting in ethical stock order, stock control and stock counts.
- Implementation of controls to enforce GPP and SOPs to minimise risks.
- Maintain effective relationships with key role players.
- To dispense retail prescriptions and counsel patients under the supervision.
- Communicating professionally and handling queries as per policy.
- Assisting with stock take, stock control and expired stock removal from shelves.
- To assist/offer advice on the use, side-effects, contra-indications and storage of medication.
- Willingness to be involved in ward pharmacy and antibiotic stewardship.
- Administrative Tasks and tidiness of Pharmacy.
- Will be required to work week-ends and shifts according to operational requirements.
- Provision of in-service training to wards/staff as required.
NETCARE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Company’s approved Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to the Group’s Employment Equity strategy. Netcare actively supports the recruitment of people with disabilities.