Necsa Laboratory Assistant Opportunity for Grade 12
Necsa is looking for a Laboratory Assistant within the Radiochemicals division Preferably Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science
The purpose of the position is to prepare the reagents, consumables and columns for the production of Mo-99 and I-131 in accordance with cGMP guidelines specified in the ICH Q7 document, NTP Quality Policy, Safety and Business Values.
South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa) is a state-owned company responsible for undertaking and promoting R&D in the field of nuclear energy and radiation sciences.
Key Performance Areas
- Consumable / Reagent preparation, availability and stock control
- cGMP compliance, Safety regulations, Quality improvements and training
- Preferably Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science;
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable standards such as ISO 9001, cGMP, GDP;
- Proven experience in a production or laboratory environment would be an added advantage
Important: The suitable candidate will be selected with the intention of promoting representivity and achieving EE targets as contemplated in the relevant NTP Employment Equity Plan.
- Good communication skills enabling verbal and written communication.
- The ability to analyse situations (technical and non-technical) and to arrive at the best possible solution.
- The ability to determine deadlines and execute outputs accordingly without exceeding target dates.
- Person should have continuous learning mind-set.
- The ability to perform routine tasks.
- Good technical and mathematical skills.
- Time management.
- Good judgment and decision making.
- Good computer skills (MS Office).
- Good sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Attention to detail with high quality motivation, even under high pressure.
- Must be prepared to work overtime if required.
- Good interpersonal skills and goal orientated team player.
How to apply
Applications close on 19 June 2015.
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries – Ms Cilia Mohoroe Tel: 012 305 5128