Multi-Choice: Archivist Internship Opportunity
Closing Date: 14 April 2014
M-Net seeks to appoint a qualified individual to assume responsibility as Television Archivist (Internship). This person will report to the Manager: Television Archives and will be based at our offices in Randburg.
- The outputs include the following:
- Catalogue ingested content to the pre-determined level of granularity
- Create a bibliographic description for all local programme material.
- Create an accurate and appropriate abstract of the content of a programme or insert.
- Assign appropriate keywords from an in-house thesaurus for effective retrieval
- Catalogue programme content, shot, scene and image by analyzing and assessing the nature of the programme, shot, scene or image (copyright, duration, etc.)
- Shot list and tag all third party stock footage (assign Copyright Warnings where applicable)
- Provide all relevant information regarding ownership and re-use of third party stock footage.
- Edit, catalogue and store selected valuable raw footage
- Stock footage processing and selection from raw materials (production shoot tapes) by identifying and selecting usable royalty and clearance free stock footage from productions shoot tapes.
- Relevant graduate and/or post-graduate degree in Information & Knowledge Management
- An excellent understanding of customer service/service excellence
- Passion for the media industry
Functional capabilities which are critical to the production of quality outputs are:
- The ability to write informative and descriptive abstracts
- Basic knowledge of copyright
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with detail for concentrated periods of time
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations
How To Apply