Mnet: Log Editor / Presentation Scheduler Internship Opportunity
Closing Date: 19 May 2014
- Relevant Degree or 3 year Tertiary Qualification in Media
- Understanding and / or experience of any aspect of television (possibly a student production or similar)
- A keen interest in Television
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office programmes (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
The Internship will provide an individual with the opportunity to train and work under the guidance of the On-Air Manager to execute the functions listed below:
- Services and information that the individual must provide to external individuals or groups, to accomplish the organization’s mission and strategy.
- Construction of a transmission log (presentation schedule) to ensure correct transmission of content across all channels e.g. programming, advertising, and various On-Air elements, sponsorships, branding and marketing material.
- Produce a meticulously accurate, Transmission-ready detailed 24hour running-order Log for Play out by required daily deadline.
- Construct and deliver fault free Transmission Logs for transmission, against strict deadlines, for all current and future M-Net channels.
- Accurately capture the Programming and Movies from the Macro schedule (Synergy) to the Micro schedule across required channels.
- Query anomalies to ensure accurate running order logs (schedules)
- Create Formats, if required
- Generate running order schedule and maintain on-air elements in the current operating system, Paradigm
- Liaise with Internal departments EPG, Marketing, DStv Media Sales, Media Operations and Traffic on the status of the logs as per agreed standard operating procedure.
- Effective Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail
- High level of accuracy
- Concentration for extended periods of time
- Effective Time Management
- Good organization and administrative skills
- Initiative and ability to take responsibility
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn is essential.
How To Apply
Apply for the Mnet Log Editor / Presentation Scheduler Internship Programme