Closing Date: 22 September 2018 @ 16H00
REF N0: INTERN 02 / 2018
MISA Graduate hereby offers opportunities for internship programmes aimed at increasing the national pool of professional engineers, technologists, technicians and town planners towards enhancing municipal technical capacities. The opportunities are as detailed below and shall commence from 2018 / 19 financial year to the required periods as per the relevant discipline. Successful Candidates will be placed in identified municipalities, depending on the capacity needs of both the municipalities and the candidates.
(This programme offers opportunities to learners who require between 12 – 24 months of practical work experience in order to complete their study programme as per the academic requirements in the following areas/disciplines): Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Environmental Management, Town and Regional Planning, Project and Construction Management
MISA is offering 1 – 2-year internship opportunities towards completion of studies in the abovementioned technical disciplines. Whilst the programme is not exclusively limited to individuals from previously disadvantaged communities, MISA strives for excellence in the context of addressing service delivery and skills development backlogs and encourages historically disadvantaged individuals to apply. The MISA Experiential Learners Programme is a work – based internship development programme focused on taking learners from various Universities, Technicians and TVETs in order to gain requisite work experience towards completing their studies.
The recruitment cohort for the 2018 / 2019 financial year is exclusively aimed at the above-mentioned areas only. Successful candidates will enter into an agreement with MISA and be deployed to technical divisions in municipalities.
The following 55 priority municipalities will be participating in this recruitment, learners from within these municipal areas are strongly recommended to apply:
- Abaqulusi (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Jozini (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Umzinyathi (Civil Engineering)
- UMgungundlovu (Civil Engineering)
- UMsunduzi (Town Planning, Electrical Engineering)
- Umvoti (Town Planning, Civil Engineering)
- Nkosazana Dlamini – Zuma (Town Planning Civil Engineering)
- Mpofana (Civil Engineering)
FREE STATE PROVINCE
- Maluti A Phofong (Town Planning, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Project Management)
EASTERN CAPE PROVINCE
- Port St John (Project Management, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Matatiele (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
WESTERN CAPE PROVINCE
- Kannaland (Town Planning Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Lainsburg (Town Planning Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Beaufort West (Civil Engineering, Project Management)
- Cederberg (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Sekhukhune (Civil Engineering)
- Molemole (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Mopani (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Musina (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
- Thabazimbi (Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
Applicants must be willing to be placed at a chosen municipality until the specified period. MISA do es not guarantee employment to graduates owing to participation in the programme.
Requirements: Applicants must be unemployed willing and available for a minimum of 12 to 24 months of graduation workplace experience deployment within a host municipality. Applicants must be South African citizens.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted on the MISA application form, accompanied by a covering letter, a comprehensive CV and certified copies of Identity document, and qualifications . Alternatively, the application form can be requested via email at : [email protected]
Applications without the above will not be considered . MISA reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from MISA in 90 days after the closing date, it must be presumed that your application was unsuccessful. Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
1. Candidate will be subjected to suitability checks including qualifications , employment, credit, criminal records, company ownership / directorship and reference checks
2. Fax, post and hand-delivered applications will not be accepted
3. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered
4. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately be disqualified
5. Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant All applications need to include the following :
- Release letter for learner exposure from the institution
- Curriculum vitae
- Certified copies of relevant qualifications
- Certified copy of the i dentity document
- Proof of Residential address
ALL APPLICATIONS WITH REQUIRED DOCUMENTATIONS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO THE FOLLOWING AD D RESS: [email protected]
Enquiries: Ms Nobuhle Latha ( 012) 848 55 29 or Ms Thulisile Mosoeu (012) 848 55 62
No late applications will be accepted .