Closing Date: 17 March 2017
LGSETA (Local Government Sector Education And Training Authority) is a government organization that administer skills development to help local government employees and the unemployed individual. LGSETA is one of 21 SETA’s in the country and falls under the executive authority of the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET).
This organization works with their stakeholders which include the Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), the South African Local Government Association (SALGA), the Independent Municipal and Allied Trade Union (IMATU) and the South African Municipal Workers Union (SAMWU).
The LGSETA was founded as a solution #FeesMustFall campaign experienced at Higher Education Institutions across the country during 2015. The bursary is open to the students who are interested in joining the local government sector. The bursary is awarded every year in which students will be required to renew.
Bursaries will be given to students who are registered with any of the Public Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges in South Africa. LGSETA bursary will pay the cost of registration, tuition, books and residence fees for up to the maximum amount of R 50 000 per year.
LGSETA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Full time South African students
- Full qualification that is accredited on the NQF/NCV/N Levels and must be a year or over programme
- Enrolled at a public institution
- 18-35 years of age
- Previously Disadvantaged Individuals
- People with Disabilities are given preference
How to Apply and Application Details
- Please complete the LGSETA bursary online application process at: http://lgseta.co.za/specialProjects/bursary/
- Accompany your application with the following documents:
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 results and/or academic results
- Highest grade and qualification achieved including results
- Proof of registration
- Fee structure (Quotation, Account statement or invoice from the institution), books and residence costs.
- Proof of Income/ Affidavit (for unemployed)
- Certified ID copies of parent/guardian
- Incomplete forms will Not Be Accepted (this includes application forms with missing documents)
- The LGSETA does not take responsibility for any forms which were undelivered or missing.
- Students who are granted a bursary from another organisation /institution are obliged to inform the LGSETA. In the case that a student is granted a bursary from another organisation/institution the LGSETA has the right to withdraw funding awarded.
March every year .
Only limited number of bursaries are available.
If you are not contacted within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Tel: (011) 456 8579
Fax: (011) 450 4948
Physical Address: 1st Floor 47 Van Buuren Road, Bedfordview 2007
Postal Address: P.O Box 1964 Bedfordview 2008