The Mail & Guardian newspaper and M&G Online are always on the lookout for talented, dynamic individuals to join our team.
The newspaper and website are famous for in-depth, analytical, high quality, no-nonsense news features, combined with up-to-the-minute breaking news from South Africa, Africa and the rest of the world. It’s an alternative, intelligent look at the world.
If you are a student fresh out of university, tech or college and looking to start your career in journalism, then this is the ideal platform for you to do so.
The M&G’s official internship programme runs for 12 months starting on March 01 2015.
Our internships are full-time positions, based at the M&G Media Ltd offices in Rosebank, Johannesburg. During this time, trainees will work for the M&G newspaper and its various platforms.
Prospective candidates should have strong news instincts; an excellent general knowledge and a better-than-average grasp of the English language, and should be dynamic, confident and reliable. A driver’s licence is a must.
How To Apply
Please submit a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation, as well as any examples of published work (do not submit originals).
- Submissions must be addressed to M&G Training Programme Applications and reach the M&G by no later than January 07 2015.
- Postal address: PO Box 91667, Auckland Park 2006.
- Physical address: Grosvenor Corner, 195 Jan Smuts Avenue (corner 7th Avenue),Rosebank 2193
- Email: [email protected]
- Fax: (011) 250 7502
- Applicants need a technikon or university qualification in journalism or a related field.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Applicants must have a driver’s licence.
- Applicants must be available to attend a selection process in Johannesburg during the 3rd week of January 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.