Submit CV: Internship / Graduate at JUMO Careers
Billions of people in emerging markets are coming online for the first time, most of them via mobile phones. Many have limited or no access to financial services.
JUMO Careers combines technology with data to create progressive financial choices for anyone, anywhere. On the JUMO Careers platform, a customer can configure savings, or lending product by amount, term and payment method. We believe any individual should be able to leverage their data footprint and access financial services tailored to their needs.
A blueprint for our mission does not exist and our growth trajectory is steep thus we look for exceptional people who will enhance our culture and who have the potential to have an impact now and in the future.
We are motivated by an ambitious purpose and inspired by the exceptional people that we work with and we are looking for a Communications Intern to join our Customer & Brand team. This position will be based in Cape Town and will report to the Communications Manager.
Support the JUMO Customer and Brand team in reaching our strategic objectives as we share our work and story with the world, as well as contributing to increasing our brand visibility and reach with our key audiences
- Support in media engagement and management including traditional, social and digital channels
- Support in content development for JUMO and JUMO product brands
- Update and maintain the tools and processes in the JUMO brand communications environment
- Support in communications and brand analytic
- Strategic and Tactical operational skills
- Ability to handle both big-picture thinking and day to day operations
- Administration of internal and external digital communications assets (Website, Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter etc.)
- Administration and coordination of work related to JUMO visibility (sponsorships, events, speaking engagements etc.) and media initiatives
- Excellent written and Verbal communications skills
- Assist in the development of high-quality, accessible and compelling content to share the JUMO story across multiple channels – including web, social media platforms, press releases, blogs, Q&As, speeches, editorials, infographics etc.
- Interpersonal and Relationship Management Skills
- Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Coordinate work with public relations agencies and outsourced suppliers as required
- Commercial understanding and Ability to interpret data and insights
- Drive the identification, development, pitching, and placement of JUMO related stories in top-tier business, technology and financial media worldwide
- Collaborate with relevant functions to produce copy for product brand websites, collateral, and press releases
- Identification and Creation of workable solutions
- Work with subject matter experts in JUMO to develop and provide communications tools and processes to help advance JUMO strategic objectives in all markets
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, multi-task, prioritize and handle a diverse workload
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Media, Communications or related field is essential
- Conversant in media measurement and analytics
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Firm grasp of business-related computer skills including knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Experience working in social media, public relations and/or copywriting is desirable
- Prior experience in effective communication with press is desirable
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates