Internship programs provide students with valuable experience that will help them land a full-time position after graduation. Companies often hire interns because they offer an opportunity to gain hands on experience while also providing a chance to network with other professionals.
Table of Contents
Search For Job Opportunities Online
If you are interested in finding internship Job Opportunities in South Africa, then you should start by searching online. There are several websites where you can find jobs in South Africa. These sites include Indeed, Monster, Simply Hired, Career Builder, and more.
9 Ways to Find the Right Job Online
The internet has made finding jobs much easier than in the past. But there are still things you need to consider when searching for a new position. Here are some tips on how to find a good job online.
1. Create a Professional Profile.
A professional profile will help you stand out among other applicants. It should include your skills, education, work history, and any certifications or awards you have received. You can also add links to social media profiles where people can learn more about you.
2. Build an Email List.
An email list is one of the best ways to build your brand and keep in touch with potential customers. If you’re not using an email list yet, start now.
3. Write Great Resumes.
A resume is the first impression people will make when they see your name. It’s also the only thing that matters when applying for jobs online. Make sure yours stands out by writing a compelling cover letter and following up with a personalized follow-up message.
4. Apply for Jobs Directly.
There are two ways to apply for a job online: through an employer’s website or directly through a third party site. If you choose to go through an employer’ website, you should use the company’s application form. This ensures that you meet the requirements of the position and gives you more control over what information you provide.
5. Network with Others.
You can also find jobs by networking with others who work at companies where you would like to work. Ask them if they know of any positions available. They might even be able to introduce you to people within the organization.
6. Contact The Company Directly
Once you have found a company that you would like to work with, contact them directly. This will help you to make sure that you are applying for the correct position. It also gives you an opportunity to ask any questions that you might have before making a decision.
7. Apply Through Social Media Platforms
If you are not able to find a company through social media platforms, then try searching online. There are many websites that offer internship listings.
Top Social Media Platforms for Job Searching
Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc., have changed the way we communicate. They allow us to connect with people from around the world. These social media platforms have become an integral part of our lives. We use them for everything from keeping in touch with friends and family to finding jobs.
There are so many different ways to search for jobs online. You can go through a company website, apply directly to companies via email, or even post your resume on sites like Monster.com. However, there are some social media platforms that are more effective than others when it comes to job hunting. Here are my top 10:
- 1. Facebook – This is one of the most popular social media platforms out there. It has over 1 billion users worldwide. If you are looking for a job, you should definitely start by creating a profile on Facebook.
- 2. Linkedin – Linkedin is another very popular platform for job seekers. It allows you to network with other professionals in your industry.
- 3. Twitter – Twitter is an excellent place to find relevant information about current events. It also provides a good opportunity to share links to articles and blogs that are related to your field.
- 4. Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual social networking site where users “pin” images and videos to boards. It is a great way to showcase your work and attract attention to your professional brand.
- 5. Tumblr – Tumblr is a blogging platform that allows users to create short posts called “Tumblr blogs.” These blogs are often used as a way to express personal thoughts and opinions.
- 6. Reddit – Reddit is another popular social networking website. Users post comments and questions to each other. This makes it a very active community.
- 7. Quora – Quora is a question and answer website. You can ask questions and receive answers from experts in various fields.
- 8. StumbleUpon – StumbleUpon is a social bookmarking website. People use it to discover new websites and web pages.
- 9. Pinterest – Pinterest is a visual bookmarking website. Users can pin images, videos, and other web pages to boards.
- 10. Vine – Vine is a mobile app that lets users record 6 seconds of video.
8. Ask Friends and Family
It is also possible to ask friends and family members who work at these companies for recommendations. They will be more than happy to help you out.
Suppose you are interested in finding an internship or job opportunity in South Africa. In that case, we have compiled a list of some of the top companies hiring interns in South African cities.
TOP 100 COMPANIES IN SOUTH AFRICA
- Absa Group Ltd: ABG – (ABSA)
- AECI Ltd: AFE – (AECI)
- African Rainbow Minerals Ltd: ARI – (ARM)
- Anglo American Platinum Ltd: AMS – (AMPLATS)
- Anglo American plc: AGL – (ANGLO)
- AngloGold Ashanti Ltd: ANG – (ANGGOLD)
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV: ANH – (AB INBEV)
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Ltd: APN – (ASEPN)
- Assore Ltd: ASR – (ASSORE)
- AVI Ltd: AVI – (A –V – I)
- Barloworld Ltd: BAW – (BARWORLD)
- BHP Billiton Plc: BIL – (BHPBILL)
- Bid Corporation Ltd: BID – (BIDCORP)
- Brait SE: BAT – (BRAIT)
- British American Tobacco plc: BTI – (BATS)
- Capital & Counties Properties PLC: CCO – (CAPCO)
- Capitec Bank Holdings Ltd: CPI – (CAPITEC)
- Clicks Group Ltd: CLS – (CLICKS)
- Compagnie Financi�re Richemont SA: CFR – (RICHEMONT)
- Coronation Fund Managers Ltd: CML – (CORONAT)
- Curro Holdings Ltd: COH – (CURRO)
- Dis-Chem Pharmacies Ltd: DCP – (DIS-CHEM)
- Discovery Ltd: DSY – (DISCOVERY)
- Distell Group Holdings Ltd: DGH – (DISTELLG)
- EPP N.V.: EPP – (EPP)
- Exxaro Resources Ltd: EXX – (EXXARO)
- FirstRand Ltd: FSR – (FIRSTRAND)
- Fortress REIT Ltd: FFA – (FORTRESSA)
- Fortress REIT Ltd: FFB – (FORTRESSB)
- Glencore plc: GLN – (GLENCORE)
- Globe Trade Centre S.A.: GTC – (GTCSA)
- Gold Fields Ltd: GFI – (GFIELDS)
- Greenbay Properties Ltd: GRP – (GREENBAY)
- Growthpoint Properties Ltd: GRT – (GROWPNT)
- Hammerson Plc: HMN – (HAMMERSON)
- Harmony Gold Mining Company Ltd: HAR – (HARMONY)
- Hyprop Investments Ltd: HYP – (HYROP)
- Impala Platinum Holdings Ltd: IMP – (IMPLATS)
- Imperial Holdings Ltd: IPL – (IMPERIAL)
- Intu Properties plc: ITU – (INTUPLC)
- Investec Ltd: INL – (INVLTD)
- Investec plc: INP – (INVPLC)
- Italtile Ltd: ITE – (ITLTILE)
- JSE Ltd: JSE – (JSE)
- KAP Industrial Holdings Ltd: KAP – (KAP)
- Kumba Iron Ore Ltd: KIO – (KUMBA)
- Liberty Holdings Ltd: LBH – (LIB – HOLD)
- Life Healthcare Group Holdings Ltd: LCH – (LIFEHC)
- MAS Real Estate Inc: MSP – (MAS)
- Massmart Holdings Ltd: MSM – (MASSMART)
- Mediclinic International plc: MEI – (MEDICLINIC)
- MMI Holdings Ltd: MMI – (MMI HLDGS)
- Mondi Ltd: MND – (MODILTD)
- Mondi plc: MNP – (MONDIPLC)
- Montauk Holdings Ltd: MNK – (MONTAUK)
- Price Group Ltd: MRP – (MRPRICE)
- MTN Group Ltd: MTN – (MTN GROUP)
- Naspers Ltd: NPN – (NASPERS-N)
- Nedbank Group Ltd: NED – (NEDBANK)
- NEPI Rockcastle plc: NRP – (NEPRIOCK)
- Netcare Ltd: NTC – (NETCARE)
- Northam Platinum Ltd: NHM – (NORTHAM)
- Old Mutual Ltd: OMU – (OMUTUAL)
- Pepkor Holdings Ltd: PPH – (PEPKORH)
- Pick n Pay Stores Ltd: PIK – (PICKNPAY)
- Pioneer Food Group Ltd: PFG – (PNR FOODS)
- PSG Group Ltd: PSG – (PSG)
- PSG Konsult Ltd: KST – (PSG KST)
- Quilter plc: QLT – (QUILTER)
- Rand Merchant Investment Holdings Ltd: RMI – (RMIH)
- RCL Foods Ltd: RCL – (RCL)
- RDI REIT P.L.C.: RPL – (RDI)
- Redefine Properties Ltd: RDF – (REDEFINE)
- Reinet Investments SCA: RNI – (REINET)
- Remgro Ltd: REM – (REMGRO)
- Resilient REIT Ltd: RES – (RESILIENT)
- Reunert Ltd: RLO – (REUNERT)
- RMB Holdings Ltd: RMH – (RMBH)
- Sanlam Ltd: SLM – (SANLAM)
- Santam Ltd: SNT – (SANTAM)
- Sappi Ltd: SAP – (SAPPI)
- Sasol Ltd: SOL – (SASOL)
- Shoprite Holdings Ltd: SHP – (SHOPRIT)
- Sibanye Gold Ltd: SGL – (SIBANYE)
- Sirius Real Estate Ltd: SRE – (SIRIUS)
- South32 Ltd: S32 – (SOUTH32)
- Standard Bank Group Ltd: SBK – (STANBANK)
- Steinhoff International Holdings N.V.: SNH – (STEINHOFF N.V.)
- Super Group Ltd: SPG – (SUPRGRP)
- Telkom SA SOC Ltd: TKG – (TELKOM)
- The Bidvest Group Ltd: SPP – (BIDVEST)
- The Foschini Group Ltd: TFG – (TFG)
- The SPAR Group Ltd: SPP – (SPAR)
- Tiger Brands Ltd: TBS – (TIGBRANDS)
- Truworths International Ltd: TRU – (TRUWTHS)
- Tsogo Sun Holdings Ltd: TSH – (TSOGO SUN)
- Vivo Energy plc: VVO – (VIVO)
- Vodacom Group Ltd: VOD – (VODACUM)
- Vukile Property Fund Ltd: VKE – (VUKILE)
- Woolworths Holdings Ltd: WHL – (WOOLIES)