The transport sector in India accounts for a phenomenal 6.4% of GDP, whereby Road Freight is worth $10 billion. Much like every industrial sector, this also has its own share of problems, often in the form of bad network connectivity for mobile phones and too much traffic at check posts. However, the show has to go on, which is why reputed trailer manufacturers work hard to build the best quality trailers.
Best features of tippers and trailers
The most common form of heavy goods transportation is with the help of 40 ft low bed trailer in India. Highly desirable features necessary for most operations are as follows: =
- High tolerance limit
- Highly functional and durable
- Good quality of aesthetic finish
- Low cost of maintenance
- Design that lends a high amount of stability
- Being able to take on high payloads despite having a low weight
Why are low bed trailers used?
Heavy equipment such as bulldozers, excavators, and tractors can be transported on 40 ft low bed trailers in India. Consider the requirements of highway building companies and the agriculture sector in India- both of these use a large number of the above-mentioned machines. Therefore, it is important for the trailers to be built from high strength steel, which helps to maximize the load.
Always choose experienced manufacturers
There may be a lot of trailer manufacturers present in the market, but a business will do best when it chooses trailers from the reputed manufacturers only. Build quality plays a very important part in a trailer being beneficial for a business. The material must be able to withstand all kinds of weather conditions, as the trailers have to transport goods throughout the year. Some of the reputed trailer manufacturers have regular trucking companies such as Tata Motors, AMW, Ashok Leyland, and Bharat Benz as clients.
Trailers – used or new?
A business owner may be contemplating on whether to buy new or second hand trailers from the market. The answer to this is just as similar as buying a new or used car, or any other item for that matter. One cannot quite be sure of how much maintenance will be required at a later date. Therefore, it’s always a better idea to purchase a long-lasting new trailer.
While purchasing new trailers, they can be specifically designed for iron ore, coal, clinkers, and other activities. Applications can be specific to what the customers need them for.
Due to the new emission and safety norms, the Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) for trucks, tippers, and trailers has significantly gone up. As a result, businesses are less likely to see trucks or trailers without load bodies soon. BS6 emission norms in India, along with the latest safety norms, have made a significant change in the way these vehicles are being sold. Greater focus will be on fully built tractor trailers, along with light and intermediate commercial vehicles. Apart from this, air conditioned cabins in tractor trailers necessary or mining will also be seen.
Common types of 40 feet trailers
The most suitable trailers that carry freight and cargo in India are 40 ft long, and can hold various kinds of weights. Such trailers will be immensely beneficial for logistic companies and other kinds of B2B customers. Here’s a look at the kinds of 40 ft trailers one is likely to encounter, other than the low bed trailers:
- 40 ft High Bed Trailers- These are popular due to good quality and very high durability. It is quite convenient to load and unload goods off these.
- 40 ft Skeletal Trailers- Materials that have to be sent in shipping containers can be put into them. Such trailers also get container locks for locking the containers to beds.
- 40 ft Flatbed Trailers- These trailers are open all around in order to transport wide or long materials, along with their applications.
- 40 ft Sidewall Trailers- Such trailers are meant to transport electronic goods, cement, and food grains, and their lengths vary from 26 to 40 feet
- 40 ft Semi Low Bed Trailers- These trailers are made using superior grades of aluminum, iron, and steel, along with other similar materials. One can also use them to carry Earth Moving machines, with hydraulic ramps being fitted to help the machines climb.
- 40 ft Air Suspension Trailers- High value and delicate foods are carried in such trailers. Very few shocks and vibrations are transmitted to items transported in them.
Contact them for instant quotes
In today’s online world, it is very easy to get online price quotes from the reputed trailer manufacturers. All one needs to do is to get in touch with them either through the Internet or through the phone and state the requirements. It would be fair to say that these quotes would be fairly accurate.