How to choose suitable Camlock coupling?
A cam and groove coupling gives rise to Camlock Coupling or fitting, a form of the hose coupling. This kind of coupling is recognized worldwide as they are simple and reliable, which provides quick connection or disconnection of hoses without any need for tools.
There are different materials, such as stainless steel, aluminum foil, plastic, polypropylene, and brass. Usually, this equipment is used to connect your two hoses or pipes quickly and easily as they prevent the leakage of liquids, semi-solids, fluids, paste skillfully.
In a manner to find best Camlock coupling for your specific plumbing circumstance, one should keep an eye on these two factors:
- Type of material the camlock is made up of: As we already referred to, there are many types of Camlock coupling depending on the materials used. Stainless steel is suitable for acid, alkali, and corrosive substances, Brass cam locks are best in the application of transmitting salty water. On the other hand, aluminum cam locks are best to go with fresh water, a mixture of oil and water.
- Camlock coupling size and shape: Surprisingly the world of cam lock is not small at all, as there are more than five types of Camlock concerning its size. Starting from the male adapter with a female thread, female coupler with a male thread, coupler with a shank, coupler with a female thread, adapter with a shank, adapter with a male thread, along with dust cap and dust plug.
- The temperature of the entity you are using the Camlock coupling has to be noted.
- Always make sure you are inserting a substance whose pressure doesn’t exceed the cam lock’s potential.
- Think what application you are into, as they are much reliable in fields such as manufacturing, agriculture, oil, gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, and also military purposes.
What are the different materials used to form the best Camlock coupling?
The material of the cam lock is very much more crucial than the money you are spending on it. Different types of materials are used for making the best Camlock coupling for customers, in that case, stainless steel, PP, Nylon, Brass, and Aluminium foil are introduced for people to find the best Camlock coupling accordingly.
- Stainless steel: This material is known for preventing the substance from getting rust or rot, as they are rich in the chromium element, hard and cold. Anti-corrosion, formability, compatibility, and durability makes this material worth buying. Coming to the advantage part, these stainless steel Camlock couplings are temperature resistant, bacteria deterrence, and high strength to hold the substance inside it. On the other hand, they are expensive. Examples of stainless steel Camlock coupling usage is to connect internal & external thread, hose, flange, butt welding, socket weld, wrench.
- Plastic Camlock: Under this, there are two types of materials, polypropylene, and Nylon. Speaking of Polypropene, they have low density, anti-acid, anti-alkali, anti-organic solution, anti-aging, and chemical stability capability. Getting to Nylon’s properties, they have good heat resistance, higher density than the previous material, and dimensional stability. Meanwhile, both are excellent leakproofness, smooth surface, lightweight, affordable, and easily managed. On the other hand, both don’t have much strength and resistance for holding the entity inside it.
- Brass Camlock coupling: This material is popular for its electrical conductivity, and seawater resistance property. Brass cam locks are best to invest in as they are easy to assemble but lack the money aspect as they are a bit costly.
- Aluminum Camlock: These materials have low density, high intensity, good plasticity, electrical & thermal conductivity, and anti-corrosion property. They are best for people who are looking for the best cam locks at cheaper rates. On the other hand, they don’t have a quality corrosion resistance capacity compared to other materials, easily mildewed and oxidized.
How to choose the best types of Camlock coupling for your issue?
As we already spoke, type A is a male adapter with female NPT thread, Type B is made up of a female cam coupler with male NPT thread, Type C is of a female cam coupler with hose barb end, Type D is a female cam coupler with FNPT thread. Also, Type E is a type of cam adapter with hose barb ends, Type F is a Camlock adapter, but with a male NPT thread, Type DC is a dust cap for male adapters, and Type DP is a dust plug for female couplers.
We believe this article has made its point, as many householders are struggling to find the best cam lock couplings. Cam lock couplings provide safe and protected connections of hoses to your tanks and other hoses. Moreover, they are durable, disposable medical, analytical, and can be used in food or beverages as equipment. Usage of cam locks in a steamy atmosphere would lead to an explosion.