A data analyst performs statistical-analysis on the collected dataset. These people help in discovering data’s uses and how it can be used to solve various problems correctly. Data analysis has even evolved due to the continuous technological developments taking place. It is a gratifying and lucrative field where you can learn and earn a lot. You can also easily become a data analyzer. But first, let’s see what the job description of one is.
What does a Data Analyst do?
A data analyst gathers and cleans data to know about the various ongoing trends and get business insights. This data is collected from both secondary and primary sources. Once it’s cleaned, statistical tools are used to analyze it and derive results. On an everyday basis, a data analyst might have to carry out any number of jobs. The kind of responsibility depends on the company, industry of what type of data analytics specialty you work with. But generally, data analysts are responsible for making dashboards, maintaining and designing relationship databases for different departments in the organization, and also doing programming.
Mostly, data analysts work in tandem with the company’s IT teams or data scientists. It helps them work closely with the organizational goals and be aware of any changes that might take place in it. The analysts help in pinpointing trends, patterns, and correlations in very complex datasets. That’s not all; the analysts also make reports based on the results. This helps stakeholders decide the next step and where they want to take the company next.
How can you be a Data Analyst?
The first step to being a data analyst is to get certified. It will improve your job prospects, and you will be able to learn the necessary techniques and programming in the correct pattern. The first course to opt for is Data analytics certification courses.
Anyone who has an analytical mind-frame can take this course. The educational background can be anything. But this data analytics course will be beneficial for IT professionals, marketing managers, banking professionals, supply-chain managers, sales professionals, beginners with analytics, and even students who are enrolled in PG or UG programs. To be a part of this data analytics certification course, the only thing you need to have is basic mathematical knowledge.
How to choose the correct certification course?
When choosing a data analytics certification course, make sure that it is authentic and helps you become a competent data analyst. For this, make sure that:
- The course must teach you about Python, R, and SQL databases. It must also inform you about data visualizations and how you can create them. Hypothesis testing, data blending, regression analysis, and inferential statistics are some other thing which you must be able to learn in that course.
- The course should teach you about predictive analysis and how you can apply statistics in a formal business environment. It should also show you the in-demand skills so that you can compete in the job market.
- Make sure that you get a certificate out of the program that is recognized industry-wide. There are a lot of online scams that will try to lure you in and ultimately give you a useless certificate after that course gets over. So choose those courses which are recommended by many and have a genuine IT company backing it. Do your research before choosing.
- Make sure that the course you are choosing gives you plenty of real-world projects. This will help you get an idea of what you will be dealing with when you go on to work in an organization.
- Select a certification course that will ensure that you get hands-on training. Programming and other techniques are best learned hands-on. Only classroom learning won’t prepare you for what you will probably be dealing with in real data analysis projects.
Benefits of being a Data Analyst
- There is always a chance to improve your skills in algebra, statistics, numerical analysis, real analysis, and graph theory.
- You will be able to give your company better insights about their suppliers and customers. This will eliminate the need for guesswork. In major customer-driven companies, you will be able to create a more user-friendly model that is more fluid and flexible.
- Since you will be able to gather data on what is working and what isn’t for a company so you will become a significant part of a company’s decision-making process; after all, decisions will be taken based on your findings and results. This will allow you to be a key player in your company. You will be able to influence decisions so that the company has an edge over the competitors.
Career opportunities for Data Analysts
In today’s technological and online world, data is always getting created, and it’s in immense quantity. Around 2.5 quintillion data bytes are made every day. But there is a gap between the data available and the analysis of it. A forecast by the World Economic Forum said that by 2020, data analysts would be in high demand. This will be a result of the increasing data usage and collection. Know that organizations see data analysis as a very crucial specialty since the future is going to be about the value that data can give. As such, there’s plenty of opportunities for a data analyst to grow in today’s world.
An IBM report stated that jobs demanding data analysis skills are going to increase to around 2.70 million by 2020. The primary demand will be in insurance, finance, and IT. After all, these are the sectors where data needs to be mined and analyzed more to make a vital financial decision. According to Glassdoor, hiring and salary site, the average pay of data analysts, was around $67,000 in 2019.
To sum up
Completing a data analytics course will prepare you for the projects that you would have to handle in an organization. It will give you the tools and teach you how you can use them to get the results that you want. Apart from mastery over several programming languages and techniques, you will also be able to earn a lucrative salary.