Commercial plywood is produced and utilized in massive amounts to prepare furniture in India. Furniture is, in fact, the largest user of commercial plywood in the country. People often mistake wooden décor from across the country to be made from wood, but this is actually plywood. Contractors in the country make use of plywood since it is a cheaper alternative when compared to solid wood, being able to provide the same finish.
Table of Contents
Furniture Options Using Plywood
There are expert companies and carpenters who can make finished products using plywood, with a quality similar to wood. Top create beautiful products from plywood made by the best plywood factory in Yamuna Nagar, and then apply different types of finishes to them, which include softwood, hardwood, and others. Many hours are spent each day at offices and homes today than ever before, which means more people are looking at them. There are different stages in life during which suitable furniture is required, moving into college and marriage being two of them.
Therefore, those who need furniture would greatly benefit by knowing about plywood. When purchased in bulk, plywood can also be bought at wholesale rates.
Top Reasons That Have Increased the Demand for Plywood
- Massive increase in urbanization over time
- Low cost
- Presence of several real estate companies in the market
- Large disposable incomes
- Plywood is highly resistant to all types of damp conditions. However, the material itself isn’t waterproof.
- Influence of Western culture on the world
- Plywood is available with waterproof glue, which allows it to survive all kinds of weather conditions
- Very economical option for furniture
- Plywood offers numerous design options
- Excellent furniture distribution across the world
Plywood Made to Look Like Wood
Quality of veneer determines the type of finish to be seen on plywood. However, plywood does have to be painted to look like wood. Professional teams working at top plywood companies would be able to accomplish this task. Also, it must be mentioned here that the final quality of plywood is based on the quality of wood.
Quality of Plywood
Individuals who are familiar with plywood can make out the quality by looking and touching them. Any type of plywood which matches the quality requirements must have ISI marks on them. For this reason, it is important to choose only reputed manufacturers of plywood, who always guarantee peace of mind. It is likely that cheaper options are found in the market, but there is absolutely no guarantee on them without the ISI mark. A trained or a familiar person will easily be able to identify differences in quality, if any.
Plywood makes use of less timber when compared to natural wood. Qualities which help determine the quality of plywood are as follows:
- Resistance to termites
Quality standards at the best companies will always be very high since the professionals there work with very qualified and experienced quality controllers. The regular tasks of these quality controllers include careful inspection of all products. Their job is to enable customers to get products free of defects every single time.
Different Types of Plywood
- Hardwood – 3-7 layers of maple, oak, birch, and other materials are used to prepare hardwood. Birch is an excellent material for making cabinets.
- Tropical – Timbers from various tropical areas are put together to prepare this wood
- Softwood – This is made using Cedar, Pine or Redwood
- Marine – This high-quality plywood is made from Douglas fir or Western Larch and is never treated with chemicals. The addition of waterproof glue is what makes this material special.
- Flexible – As the name suggests, this type of plywood is known for a high degree of flexibility
Keep the Extra Plywood
Those who have their own homes would have seen the huge amount of construction done in the same place over many years. Plywood is often left over the course of such constructions; though home owners may be tempted to throw it away and create space, it would be a better idea to store the same. Even though it is not being used at that time, it can be immensely helpful at a later date. Storage areas like attics and lofts can be used to store these pieces. As an example, plywood remaining from windows can be conveniently utilized to make study tables. Recycling and using the same material would help save costs and the environment.
In the course of the last decade or so, the market for commercial plywood has increased many times. These days, customers have the option to select from many companies. A look at the current size of the market in India will reveal that it is valued at INR 222.5 billion, as per the year 2020. It is being extensively used both for homes as well as for offices, where the residential segment is the larger consumer.