The main purpose of the internship is to provide an educational experience for graduates who are serious about a career as a teacher. The internship programme supplements formal, part-time study via UNISA. The aim is therefore to provide a rounded, challenging experience which exposes interns to a variety of aspects of the work they will do as teachers at a quality school.
Interns for the programme are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Have a degree with two possible teaching subjects, and be committed to registering for a post-graduate secondary education certificate;
- Or already have completed a degree and post-graduate teaching certificate, and feel the need to gain experience via the internship rather than starting full-time teaching;
- Or be in the final year of a 4-year B.Ed.
- Have a demonstrable commitment to education.
- Be able to offer at least two co-curricular skills, e.g. sports coaching, drama, debating, music, etc.
- Be willing to be positively involved in specific school programmes and projects such as plays, concerts, field trips, hikes, sports tours, and outreach activities, where relevant and feasible.
- Interested candidates should submit a full CV and letter of motivation by 7th September 2015 to Peter de Lisle.
PLEASE NOTE: UNISA Applications need to be completed by mid-September. It is the responsibility of interns to organise this themselves.
How To Apply
Closing Date September 7, 2015
Hilton, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa