Table of Contents
Closing Date: 6 July 2014
Location : Western Cape
GreenCape is looking to recruit an Agriculture Sector Intern
The role of the Agriculture Sector Intern is to:
- Build and maintain relationship with the Entrepreneurs, Industry associations and Farmers in the Western Cape.
- Develop a solid understanding of the business of sector and its farmer, industry value chain, economic challenges and barriers and more specifically the role of energy in this sector.
- Identify and establish a value proposition for GreenCape with the industry players, which they will be happy to pay for via a notional annual membership fee
- Facilitate and arrange networking function for the sector, specifically with the focus on the green economy and opportunities for the sector.
- Identify and develop suitable research or other projects that, if undertaken by GreenCape will lead to a growth for the sector and growth in jobs.
- Maintain regular communication with the identified role players from government, political leadership and industry via both e-mail updates on relevant issues and via GreenCape Website.
- Populate and maintain a database of contacts relevant to the sector on the management system.
- Actively be involved with the development and maintenance of website /Green Portal.
The above activities will require some travel within the Western Cape and nationally.
Note: the internship should be for at least 24 months as it will take time to get to know the sector.
Specific requirements for this role are:
- Knowledge and experience of exposure to farming community and agriculture sector.
- Active interest in expanding knowledge on the energy /agriculture nexus.
- Qualifications at minimum bachelors level in business /law /engineering or agriculture
- Valid unendorsed drivers licence.
- Own vehicle in good working order
- Proven knowledge and skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Proven presentation and PowerPoint skills
- Strong communication skills
The following would be considered an advantage
- Family Background in Farming
- Record of technical work related to energy efficiency or renewable energy in the agriculture environment.
- Knowledge of energy related challenges and record of strategic leadership /activities in this regard
- Ability to speak more than one South Africa language.
- The ability to utilise social media to access and expand communication with existing and potential clients.
General requirements for all the applicants:
- Willing to contribute relevant expertise to several project at the same time , if required .
- Interested in and able to rapidly develop knowledge in new and disparate fields ,primarily through self –teaching
- Confident and able to communicate well with people at different levels in organisations
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Diligent and well organised
- Determined and creative in the face of difficulties.
- Self-starter and able to work independently , with some guidance and support
- Able to deliver high quality outputs on time.
The position is available initially for 9 months (1 July 2014 to 31 March 2015), but it is expected that contacts can be renewed subject to performance and the availability of funding for on –going or related research. A market related remuneration package will be negotiated.
Applications should include a letter of motivation indicating:
- What motivates the applicant to apply for the specific role(s)and project(s)
- What the candidate feels he/she brings to the project (s)and role(s)that would make him/her a suitable and preferred candidate
- When the candidate would be able to commence work ,if the application were to be successful
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- Transcripts of your Academic Record
How to apply
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
Candidates selected for interviews will be notifies by 8 July 2014. If you have not been contacted by 8 July, your application was successful.