Grade 10 /11 /12: Plumbing & Welding Learnership Programme 2018/15 at Cape Winelands
Closing date: 17 October 2014
The Western Cape Government – Department of Transport & Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing within the Cape Winelands region and KS
Stipend: R1 500 monthly stipend
Reference : Welding (Ref. WCW) or Plumbing (Ref. PCW)
- Applicants must enjoy good health and be prepared to undergo a medical and substance examination
- Applicants have to participate in an interview, numeracy, literacy and interest testing before the final selection will be made
- Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the training process
- Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites within the Western Cape Province
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership/Commitment Agreement on acceptance
- Training entails: Theoretical and institutional practical at FET College; practical training on a building site; apply health and safety regulations; maintenance of work areas
and undertake administrative tasks
- Applicants must be a South African resident
Minimum requirements: –
- Grade 10 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required for the Welding Learnership.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics Literacy or
- Grade 11 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required for the Plumbing Learnership.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
How To Apply
- Applicants must clearly indicate the learnership being applied for and the reference number.
- Applications must include a CV (4 pages maximum)
- Certified copies of ID,
- Highest School Certificate.
- Click here to Download Application forms
Applications must be posted to NYS – Learnership Phase 7, Department of Transport & Public Works, Skills Development Unit, Private Bag 9078, Cape Town, 8000.
Only fully completed application forms with required documentation will be considered.
Enquiries: Ms Suzi Theto – 023 312 1120/083 749 8897 email: Suzi.Theto@westerncape.gov.za