Closing date: 17 October 2014
The Western Cape Government – Department of Transport & Public Works is inviting suitably qualified applicants residing within the Central Karoo region and municipality areas to apply for Learnership Training opportunities in the Construction Industry:
Stipend: R1 500 monthly stipend
Reference : Roadworks (Ref. RCK) or Electrical (Ref. ECK)
- Applicants must enjoy good health and be prepared to undergo a medical and substance examination
- Applicants have to participate in an interview, numeracy, literacy and interest testing before the final selection will be made
- Successful applicants will be required to work on a construction site as part of the training process
- Successful applicants must be willing to travel and work at various building sites within the Western Cape Province
- Successful applicants will be required to sign a 12-month Learnership/Commitment Agreement on acceptance
- Training entails: Theoretical and institutional practical at FET College; practical training on a building site; apply health and safety regulations; maintenance of work areas
and undertake administrative tasks
- Applicants must be a South African resident
Minimum requirements: –
- Grade 10 with Mathematics as a passed subject is required for the Roadworks Learnership
- Grade 12 / 11 with Mathematics Literacy passed subject is required for the Electrical Learnership
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 – 35 years
How To Apply
- Applicants must clearly indicate the learnership being applied for and the reference number.
- Applications must include a CV (4 pages maximum)
- Certified copies of ID,
- Highest School Certificate.
- Click here to Download Application forms
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
Only fully completed application forms with required documentation will be considered.
Enquiries: Ms Ngwanathole Nong – 023 414 2696 or 081 268 6391 email: [email protected]