An Internship has become available for a Transport & Climate Change Project at GIZ, a German development cooperation with South Africa, on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The major focus of work of the intern will be to assist in organisational and technical aspects of GIZs work, especially in the area of climate change, transport policy, strategy and administration where GIZ works very closely with the National Department of Transport. This comprises foremost the support provided by GIZ to the establishment of technical assistance for the TRANSfer programme.
Some of the activities may include:
- Transport research and documentation review
- Providing inputs and comments on project documentation
- Organising and planning meetings and Minute Taking
- Workshop planning and preparations where necessary.
- Developing and making internal presentations.
The intern may also assist other areas of the GIZ TRANSFer programme as need arises. The intern will conduct background research and provide inputs to ongoing projects and recommendations. Furthermore, the intern will assist in the preparation, implementation and documentation of events, workshops and meetings, and assist the programme in a variety of operational and administrative tasks.
Education / Skills and Knowledge / Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in environmental management with a focus on transport planning & management or related field; project management skills, climate change knowledge and experience in public administration a plus;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Proven administrative, organizational and project management skills.
- Very good computer skills (Microsoft office package, e-learning tools, internet research).
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://www.pnet.co.za/jobs–Intern-Transport-Climate-Change-Gauteng-GIZ–2069869-inline.html?cid=msearche_indeed___AllJobs” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here to Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]