ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (HEAVY CURRENT) GRADUATE TRAINEE POSITION
CONSOLIDATED POWER INDUSTRIES
Location: Gauteng (Head Office), Western Cape, Eastern Cape and Sub-Sahara Africa.
Owned by publicly-listed Consolidated Infrastructure Group Limited, CONCO has the capacity to deliver a multidisciplinary engineering solution. As everything is handled in-house – from design and supply, through installation and commissioning, to project management – we are able to create turnkey high voltage solutions within cost parameters, to deadline and in line with first-world specifications. At the same time, we have earned a reputation for matching innovation with economy.
A COMPANY RIGHT AT THE FOREFRONT
Known for cost-effective, high-quality and customized electrical infrastructure solutions, CONCO is also one of the few high-voltage electrical companies in South Africa with a 9EP rating from the Construction Industry Development Board (CIDB), entitling us to tender for projects valued at over R100 million.
GRADUATE TRAINEE POSITION:
Conco in Western Cape office seeks to acquire and develop specialists’ skills to meet our business requirements through the Graduate Program. The CONCO Graduate Development Programme focuses on developing graduates with a focus towards scarce and / or specialist skills.
Our 18 months programme will expose to real projects and be mentored by the company’s senior leaders and decision makers into building business acumen and creating a strategic context for your particular field and developing professional networks.
At CONCO, we’ll assist you with your ECSA registration and offer you a kick start in your career as a Professional Engineer. If you have a passion for transformer design and wish to become part of a sustainable organization then this will be a good opportunity for you to explore.
ELIGIBILITY: Final year undergraduates are eligible to apply.
Project Engineering and Project Management qualifications and relevant experience will be advantageous.
B Eng – Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
B Tech – Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
Experience: Renewable energy projects preferable.
Will be involved in the following:
- •Project scoping
- •Project engineering and design
- •Assessing client’s needs and risks
- •Maintain strong positive relationships with clients and internal stakeholders.
- •Identify and assist in removing barriers to business development & marketing.
- •Provide regular & proactive communication to all internal and external stakeholders.
- •Design skills
- •Must be willing to learn
- •Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- •Ability to effectively plan, organise and coordinate.
- •Strong sense of ownership, self-motivated, hardworking and results driven.
* Please attach a copy of your CV and a copy of your University transcripts to your application.
Contact details: [email protected] Or [email protected]