Drives truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose materials, such as sand, gravel, crushed rock, coal, or bituminous paving materials: Pulls levers or turns crank to tilt body and dump contents.
|Required Education||None required|
|Other Requirements||On-the-job training; driver’s license|
Dump Truck Driver Duties
- Transport loose materials like gravel, rock, sand and dirt to required destinations.
- Follow a schedule to ensure timely delivery.
- Chart out the best route possible in order to save time.
- Verify the types of materials being loaded on vehicle.
- Perform appropriate maintenance and keep truck clean
- Moves hand and foot controls to jerk truck forward and backward to loosen and dump material adhering to body.
- May load truck by hand or by operating mechanical loader.
- May be designated according to type of material hauled as Coal Hauler; Dust-Truck Driver; Mud Trucker.
- May be designated according to type of equipment driven for off-highway projects as Dump-Truck Driver, Off-Highway.