Company Drivers work in different roles although their duties are more or less the same. Typically, a driver is expected to drive a vehicle from one place to another in order to deliver people or things.
|Required Education||None required|
|Other Requirements||On-the-job training; driver’s license|
Company Driver Duties
- Drive company vehicles to pick up or drop employees.
- Deliver important documents to required destinations.
- Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
- Keep vehicle clean and maintained at all times.
- Perform preventative and regular maintenance on vehicle
- Company drivers often receive on-the-job training covering company products and policies, the preparation of delivery forms and the operation and loading of the vehicle.
- Part of the training may involve driving with experienced drivers.
- Those who drive armoured vehicles may have to obtain a concealed weapons permit.
- Drivers required to use location or automatic routing software are given instruction in this technology.