Closing date: 19 June 2015
Security Officers (24 positions) (9 Months contract)
Ref No: 2015/58
Salary notch: R87, 330.00 per annum plus 37% in lieu of benefits Centre: Head Office
Department of Public Works Security Officers x24 opportunities for Grade 10 or PSIRA Grade D or proven extensive working experience.
Table of Contents
- Grade 10 or PSIRA Grade D or proven extensive working experience.
- Familiarity with security legislations will be an added advantage.
- Basic communication.
- Client liaison.
- Control of Access to Public Premises and Vehicles Act 53 of 1985; OHSA & First Aid; Basic literacy; Basic communication.
- Knowledge of personnel movement within the work premises.
- Being able to receive people and refer them as required;
- Basic Computer skills;
- Basic report writing skills; client orientation;
- Problem solving Being able to work in a team;
- Being able to work under pressure;
- Hardworking; high standard of integrity; excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be prepared to work abnormal working hours/shifts.
- Execute access an egress control of staff,
- visitors and assets-perform general reception duties;
- assist services of security contractors;
- verify the validity of access cards;
- identify and control unusual behaviour of employees and general public at the main entrance;
- handing over shift reports; issue visitors cards,
- verify, accept or refer documents and deliveries;
- secure departmental keys; verify asset removals.
- Verify accessories, damages on GG and lease cars.
- control and manage parking; provision of security awareness by informing staff and public about rules , regulation and laws governing work place.
- Execute surveillance duties-perform patrol duties;
- identify suspicious activities;
- search & identify explosive and hazardous substances;
- report physical risks, loopholes and incidents on the O.B;
- monitor CC TV in security control room;
- verify functionality of alarms system;
- verify functionality of evacuation emergency and exits;
- respond to alarms system.
How To Apply
Applications should be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable Any Public Department and must be accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications and identification document.
Post: The Director General, Department of Public Works Private Bag X 65, Pretoria, 0001 or
Hand Delivery : Public Works House Building, Cnr Church and Bosman Streets Building, Pretoria.
ATTENTION Ms NP Mudau
Enquiries: Ms. S Mahlangu, Tel: 012 406 1650
Please note: The successful candidates will be subjected to a security screening (pre-employment screening and security vetting).
Via: Public Works