CLOSING DATE: 16 May 2017
Applicants are Invited to apply (to study towards the Diploma in Nursing (General Psychiatric Community and Midwifery) Ann Latsky Nursing College • Chris Hani Baragwanath Nursing College . SG Lourens Nursing College
- Must be a South African citizen, 35 years of age o younger and residing in the Gauteng Province
- In possession of one of the following school leaving certificates A Senior Certificate, a National Senior Certificate or National Vocational Certificate Primary Health (Level 4).
- The following subject criteria are required:
- Senior Certificate: English HG D or SG C, Biology HG D or SG C and an M score of 15
- National Senior Certificate: English Level 4. Life Sciences Level 4 end an APS of 25 (Life orientation counts half the score)
- Current Grade 12 learners must meet the National Senior Certificate requirements in their Grade 11 final results.
- National Vocational Certificate: 50% In Fundamental Subjects (English First Additional Language. Maths/Maths Literacy. Ute Orientation) and 60% in the Vocational Subjects (SA Health Care System. Public Health. The Human Body and Mind and Community Oriented Primary Care)
COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES: • Problem-solving ability • Patience • Love for people • Organisational ability • Leadership ability • Flexibility • A sense of humour • Calmness during a crisis • Communication, numeracy and life skills • Computer literacy • Study skills • Honesty • Compassionate and caring individuals who are prepared and willing to work night duty, weekends and public holidays are Invited to apply for a limited number of Student Nurse posts.
All short-listed candidates will undergo a compulsory assessment and following further shortlisting an interview. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a medical surveillance, including a medical examination and security verification of all documentation.
NOTE: Applicants are required to scan and attach matric certificate/statement of grade 12 results or final Grade 11 report (results)
The Gauteng Department of Health will offer financial assistance to successful students in the form of a bursary on an annual basis until completion of the programme.
How to apply
Applications must be done on the Gauteng Professional Job Centre system before or on the date 16 May 2017; NO late applications will not be accepted.
No hand delivered or emailed applications will be accepted, all applications must be done on this website.
ENQUIRIES: Gauteng Central Selection. tel. (011)644 -8946 or 08600 11000