APM Terminals is looking to employ an General Assistant with experience in the Container Industry. APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish A.P.Moller-Maersk Group. This is a permanent position based at our Durban depot. The purpose of the position is to assist all yard departments in general tasks required.
APM Terminals is an international container terminal operating company that provides expertise in port operations and container management services.
- A safe, friendly and engaging working environment.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Depot/Operational experience
- Warehouse to be clean at all times
- All Cargo to be clearly marked and visible
- No unsafe packing/unpacking of cargo in the warehouse
- Follow procedures set in place by Supervisor
- Report any Damages/Theft to Team Leader/Supervisor
- Yard to be swept every day
- All nails seals etc to be picked up daily to prevent machines being punctured
- Assist with vehicle unpacking
- Assist with customer examination and unpacking cargo
- Machine to be washed once every week
- Assisting in other departments within the depot
- Housekeeping of the depot
- Sop followed in Warehouse
- Assisting in Glucose Area , after hours and weekend
- A minimum standard of education applies – Grade 12.
- A minimum of two years’ work experience is required.
- You are required to be medically fit to do your job.
- No criminal records allowed.
- Zero tolerance for HSSE in the work place
How to apply
Applications close on 01 January 2016.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://jobsearch.maersk.com/vacancies/publication?pinst=005056A52F591EE5A9ACA4233694C958&CallBackUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.maersk.com%2Fsystem%2Fsapcallbackurl&userid=” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here to Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]