You have invested considerable time and effort on Amazon to get up and running. Wouldn’t you just hate being missing out on daily sales due to the “inefficient” listing of products? Of course, you certainly have a long-term plan in mind, but in reality, you don’t need to wait for traffic results for weeks or months. You will draw more customers and improve the conversion rate for your products with the right knowledge and by using best practices.
These improvements won’t take long to make these changes, but yes, they could boost the selling power dramatically. This is the best way to achieve a competitive edge if you sell products in high demand markets. But don’t be fooled into thinking that this is a one-time process of set-and-forget. If you want to stay on top of this game, you will need to review your products periodically.
So, in this post, I am going to discuss the essential Amazon listing optimization checklist that will help you simplify this process. Also, this post outlines all the key areas you need to learn and current best practices to improve your listings.
1. Use attractive titles:
The product’s headline is the most important factor to help people find their product through organic Amazon quest i.e. title plays a huge role in attracting customers. No interest will be captured by a poorly written headline, making customers go to the listing of a competitor. It’s both art and science to create an enticing product title.
We called it Science, because you have to follow certain Amazon rules and guidelines. Responding to the following questions is part of the art component. So, let’s start by taking your product listings and run a couple of questions:
- Do the titles contain unique values or advantages? Carefully read your titles and analyze whether they reveal the benefits of the product.
- Is the title written for humans?
- Do you use the 250-character limit for titles completely?
- Do the titles contain main keywords?
So, when creating an Amazon listing title, explain the characteristics of the product in the title as much as possible while remembering what your buyers are most concerned about.
2. Perform keyword research:
SEO is not just for Google or YouTube but it’s also working on the Amazon. Through applying specific search words to the Amazon product titles, you can take advantage of this. Using the right keywords will make a huge difference in how much traffic you’re attracting. Include long-tail keywords — the more descriptive you are, the lower the amount of search and keyword competition.
It is also more likely to attract customers further down the path to buy using these particular keywords, making them easier to convert. Successful optimization will cause drastic and rapid shifts in the Amazon keywords ranking within hours in most cases. Here are some dos and don’ts for entering Amazon backend keywords:
- Front-load the most relevant keywords.
- Don’t use unimportant keywords.
- Use commas, hyphens, and spaces.
- Do not exceed the length of keywords to more than 249 bytes as you will not be able to edit the listings when the search term is more than the limit.
3. Make use of bullet points to stand out:
The creation of bullet points helps potential buyers to scan product features easily. Below are some best practices for writing bullet points:
- The very first thing while writing bullet points is to imagine you as a buyer. Think about why customers buy your product. Tell everything why customers buy your product over your competitors.
- If your product solves any specific problem then explain how exactly it will help the customer.
- Try to address possible concerns and explain that your product is the best choice.
- Readers prefer to skip, so make sure the best material is delivered first.
- Standing behind the product will decrease customer confusion. Even though they are now protected by Amazon, playing it up still has benefits!
Here are a few questions to run to check whether the bullet points are optimized or not:
- Are the bullet points arranged according to their importance?
- Do the bullet points address the possible concerns?
- Do the bullet points include the product guarantee?
4. Include high-quality images:
Since we are visually influenced by nature, pictures of the product are very important to capture the attention of the shopper and create a good impression. Product image is the number one thing that consumers use to make purchasing decisions on Amazon.
For visual-based products such as clothes, shoes, and electronics, images are particularly important. You can add up to 9 images but only 7 images can be displayed at a time i.e. 1 main image and 6 additional images. Here are some guidelines for Amazon product images:
- Make sure that your images are at 1000px wide and have a minimum height of 500px. More is better, as this will further enhance the clarity of the zoom feature that shoppers love using.
- Design useful infographics to visually illustrate the product’s benefits.
- Images must have a plain white backdrop, without watermarks or infographics. Otherwise, Amazon will ask you to delete it.
- • It is quite successful to demonstrate the product in use to attract buyers. It’s also an opportunity to demonstrate the product’s scale and size.
- Investment in high quality, professional photography is worthwhile. Make sure that you get various angles, zoom in and out. After all, these will have a huge impact on both click-through levels and conversions.
5. Make sure you’re in the right category:
Choosing the right product category and the best search tree affects whatever keywords you seek to rank for as they operate hand in hand. But if you went into the wrong category, you might be throwing away your money and detrimentally restricting your product access.
The easiest way to check if all of your listings are listed in the correct category is to search for your seller name (in quotes) on Amazon and then browse through each of the categories.
I hope you found this article useful. Amazon product page optimization is an ongoing task. You need to keep looking for new ideas, introduce the right ones. You can have a big impact on your overall performance with some adjustments.