2018 Internships:Television Archivist Internship (KykNet) at MNET
Job Title: Television Archivist Internship (KykNet)
Closing Date: 10 June 2014
Location – Province Gauteng
Location – Town / City Randburg
Context The Television Archivist (Internship) position will be responsible for the effective cataloguing of the M-Net content for retrieval and preservation purposes.
The strategic intent of the MAM, Video Library and Television Archives business unit is the successful media asset management support, the implementation of processing of all commissioned content to ensure long-term preservation, the timely receipt and delivery of all broadcast related content with a focus on improved client services. The Television Archivist (Internship) position will work with and regularly meet Television Archivists, Media Coordinators, and Video Librarians, including all relevant internal stakeholders to ensure successful cataloguing of M-Net content.
External factors that will influence the work environment taking future conditions and strategic requirements into account include:
- Business environment
- Dynamic organization
- M-Net policies and procedures
- Staff retention / Skills development
- Business units within M-Net
- Media Operations Division
- M-Net Special Interest channels
- M-Net Africa channels
- M-Net General Entertainment channels
- M-Net Movies channels
- M-Net Group Content Services Division
- M-Net Finance Division
- M-Net Business Systems Division
- M-Net Legal
- MultiChoice-BTD engineering
- Production houses providing M-Net owned content
- Supersport Media Solutions -Ardome Media Asset Management (MAM)
- Catalogue ingested content to the pre-determined level of granularity
- Create a bibliographic description for all local programme material.
- Create an accurate and appropriate abstract of the content of a programme or insert.
- Assign appropriate keywords from an in-house thesaurus for effective retrieval
- Catalogue programme content, shot, scene and image by analyzing and assessing the nature of the programme, shot, scene or image (copyright, duration, etc.)
- Shot list and tag all third party stock footage (assign Copyright Warnings where applicable)
- Provide all relevant information regarding ownership and re-use of third party stock footage.
- Edit, catalogue and store selected valuable raw footage
- Stock footage processing and selection from raw materials (production shoot tapes) by identifying and selecting usable royalty and clearance free stock footage from productions shoot tapes.
Education & Experience
- Relevant graduate and/or post-graduate degree in Information & Knowledge Management
- An excellent understanding of customer service/service excellence
- Passion for the media industry
- Competencies • The ability to write informative and descriptive abstracts
- Basic knowledge of copyright
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in speaking and writing Afrikaans
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Ability to deal with detail for concentrated periods of time
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to different situations
How To Apply
Apply Online for Television Archivist Internship (KykNet)
Enter Your Name and E-mail Address to Get Updates