Table of Contents
An award-winning PR and marketing agency that deals with luxury brand clients is looking for a talented, driven public relations and events management intern for our Cape Town office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and executing of his/her designated tasks within a team.
Responsibilities include the effective assistance of an accounts team in executing PR and publicity campaigns, and assistance in the management of high-end events. Strong relationship management ability with colleagues, clients and media are critical to the position and a strong interest in the luxury sector will be an advantage.
The key performance areas are:
- Assisting with tactical and creative PR strategies and plans
- Exceptional media interest and knowledge
- Event management skills, including the potential to assist with strategy and concept creation, planning, budgeting and coordination
- Good creative writing skills (press releases and client proposals)
- Ability to assist with all PR activities including assistance with client pitches, media strategies, media monitoring and administration
- Good social media knowledge and skills
- An exceptional track record with some relevant internship or work experience.
Key competencies required:
- A good knowledge of all aspects of PR with a PR Diploma or Degree
- Solid Computer competence: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), web and social media
- Self Confidence and good decision making skills
- Ability to think creatively and ‘out of the box’
- A good understanding of the luxury brand environment
- Strong self-management and timekeeping skills
- Organised and efficient, with exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and the ability to interact with media and clients where necessary
- A good knowledge of the South African media landscape and the
- ability to assist with creating story angles for a multitude of different clients.
This position requires a driven and dynamic professional who is serious about his/her career.
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit your CV with a letter of
motivation, your availability should your application be successful, as well as two to three contactable references via
email to [email protected],
using the subject line “Application for internship”. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.