|Remuneration:||R5000 per month Cost to company|
|Own transport required:||Yes|
Table of Contents
Online intern for business/entrepreneurship website.
SME South Africa, an online business and entrepreneurship news portal is looking for an intern. This position is ideal for a journalist looking for a future in online media. The candidate must be hungry for business news and have a feeling for the local SME market.
The candidate must be digitally-oriented, competent on various social media platforms and have a strong interest in multimedia story-telling.
SME South Africa is an online news portal. The website is a valuable resource for entrepreneurs and offers daily news articles, the latest trends, updates and developments relevant to SMEs from South Africa as well as in the region and globally.
- A diploma or degree in journalism, languages or media studies
- The ability to write fluently in English
- A good general knowledge
- Knowledge of current affairs
- Basic knowledge of business and SA’s SME industry is advantageous
- A valid driver’s licence and own transport
- Proficiency in the relevant computer software and applications
- Dedicated to quality and attention to detail
- Good people skills
- Excellent social media skills
- Perseverance and results-driven attitude
- Questioning and listening skills
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work under extreme pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Good time management and the ability to handle many tasks simultaneously and complete them
- Good news sense
- Generate high quality content focusing on business and entrepreneurship on a daily basis
- Meet strict deadline
- Meet the publication’s required standards regarding quality, style and content
- Attend functions
- Create a network of contacts and liaise with them
- Update website’s social media platforms including: Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus and LinkedIn
- Could be required to perform production-related tasks
- Could be required to take photographs and video
How to Apply
Send your CV and Quote reference