x382 Bursaries for Paediatric Post Basic Nurse Training in 2018 at NMCHT
Closing Date: 15 November 2014
Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust is offering Bursaries for Paediatric Post Basic Nurse Training in 2015
The Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital is a legacy project of the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital Trust (NMCHT).
The Trust is building a new children’s hospital in Johannesburg that will open its doors in mid 2016.
This 200 bed quaternary care facility will be a state-of-the-art specialist paediatric academic referral hospital providing child-centered best quality surgical services to children of Southern Africa, irrespective of their social and economic status. In anticipation of the opening of the hospital in 2016, and with funding support received from the National Skills Fund (NSF) the Trust embarked on a skills development project that will see 382 nurses receiving specialist paediatric nurse training at post graduate level over the next three years.
- The bursaries are available for both short (credit bearing) courses
- Post graduate nurse training diplomas (one or two years) at recognised and accredited South African Universities.
- Neonatal Nursing,
- Child Nursing,
- Oncology Nursing,
- Nephrology Nursing,
- Intensive Care Nursing,
- Operating Theatre Nursing
Administrative Requirements for Paediatric Post Basic Nursing Training in 2015
You are requested to please take careful note of the following NMCH administrative requirements. You must able to confirm that you meet all these administrative requirements:
- You are a South African citizen;
- You are registered with the South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- You are in possession of a National Senior Certificate or Matric certificate;
- You are in possession of a Diploma or Degree in Nursing Science from a recognised tertiary institution or college;
- You have completed your performance of Community Service year in terms of Section 40 (3) of the Nursing Act, 2005 (Act 33 of 2005);
You have at least one or more years work experience in the department of the specialization you wish to practice;
You have the required supporting documents to show should you be shortlisted
You are requested to carefully read our Bursary Agreement and our Administrative Requirements before completing the on-line application form (hard copies are also available on request) and more specifically, to note the post study obligation to come and work back time equal to your period of studies at the Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital (in Johannesburg) when it opens its doors in mid-2016.
Preference will be given to applicants from all designated groups and where possible, people with physical disabilities.
- Copies of CVs,
- qualifications and
- 3 work references will also be required and will be subject to third party scrutiny.
Bursary Applications Closing Date: 15 November 2014
Four important steps to apply for NMCHT Bursary