The University of the Witwatersrand, is looking for an Animal Attendant to join its Central Animal Services (CAS) department. This position needs a dedicated, caring person to assist with animal husbandry, animal care and restraint procedures under supervision.
- Feed and water animals;
- Observing all animals daily and reporting any sick animals or deaths;
- Cleans animal cages / pens;
- Change animal bedding;
- Clean and maintain general upkeep of animal rooms, adjoining rooms and corridors;
- Use and care for equipment;
- Give simple technical assistance.
- Perform any other tasks or activities which fall within the general functioning of the Central Animal Service as directed by the Director/Unit Supervisor.
Criteria to be addressed in covering letter
- What is your personal opinion on animal based research;
- What work- experience do you have that would qualify you for this job;
- Grade 10;
- Proficient in communicating in English;
- Able to read and write in English;
- Experience in working with animals;
How to apply
Closing date is 05 November 2015.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”https://irec.wits.ac.za/OA_HTML/OA.jsp?page=/oracle/apps/irc/candidateSelfService/webui/VisVacDispPG&OAHP=IRC_EXT_SITE_VISITOR_APPL&OASF=IRC_VIS_VAC_DISPLAY&p_svid=49480&p_spid=2455008″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online[/otw_shortcode_button]
For more information on this position, please contact Sr. Mary-Ann Costello; [email protected]