Logistics Internship at The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC)
The Electoral Commission of South Africa (IEC) is looking for a Logistics Intern at its National Office in Centurion. The Intern will contribute towards the efficient co-ordination of logistical projects in the Organization. The Intern reports to the Assistant Manager.
- Assist each departmental staff member with his/her duties whilst undertaking daily activities to learn about the basics of the departmental portfolio, i.e. Inbound logistics / procurement, Outbound logistics / distribution and Warehousing / Materials management.
- Assist with warehousing and inventory management.
- Supplier management, i.e. monitor delivery schedules and track delivery of goods.
- Assist with logistical activities and duties relating to by-election.
- Assist with relevant duties and activities as indicated by the departmental staff.
- Assist with selected logistical duties so as to obtain exposure to electoral operations and financial administrative matters.
- Assist with various administrative duties within the Department including filing, financial administration, running errands to various different departments, photocopying, faxing etc.
- The candidate must have completed Matric / N3 and a degree or diploma (NQF 6) in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or Procurement.
- The candidate must possess good communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- The person must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- A valid driver’s license is a recommendation.
- Applicants should have the following attributes: ability to work under pressure; be prepared to work long hours; pro-active and decisive.
How to apply
Suitably qualified candidates must forward applications with the required documentation to:
The Manager: Human Resources: P/Bag X112, Centurion, 0046, or Fax: (012) 622-5219 or email HR@elections.org.za
Closing date for all applications: 14 January 2015.
Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered. “Applicants who have not been contacted by 6 February 2015 must consider their applications as not being successful”.
Via – IEC