Ericsson South Africa Careers: IT Graduate / Internship Programme 2018
Our next Graduate program in South Africa, starting in June 2018 – is open to all Engineering graduates (or similar). Our graduate programs offer on the job learning and a structured training program and you will be given a mentor as well as a buddy to give you a great start in your career.
You will be involved in analysing, preparing, implementing and verifying the configuration and integration of a node, network and/or system and your scope of work could include the scenarios of introduction, upgrade expansion, functionality and capacity.
- An opportunity to work for the Global leader in the Telecommunications industry.
- Continuous learning and development.
- On the job training and mentorship programs provided by senior experts in the industry.
- Exposure to working in a multi-national and multi-cultural environment, as well as the most recent trends of global technology such as 5G, IoT, Cloud, etc.
- Working in the area of:
- Automated network operations
- Cloud computing and Virtualization infrastructure
- Core Network
- Digital Business Support Systems (BSS)
- Data entry and IT Infrastructure Operations
- Internet of Things (IoT) Products and Solutions
- Data Analytics
Job Responsibilities & Tasks you will be involved in
- Scope, define & design solution offerings; driving end-to-end technical solutions.
- Analyze customer technology, define business requirements & participate in risk analysis.
- Work with core 3 team on list of potential activities & solutions.
- Develop technical presentations & proposals, & perform customer presentations.
- Supporting pre-sales activities, including pre-studies.
- Plan the implementation of the product configuration / integration work.
- Help to Execute product configuration.
- Help to Execute integration and migration work.
- Help to prepare system test, module test and accept test.
- Support deployment of solution.
- Participate in knowledge transfer, documentation & information sharing.
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas & share information about solution to enable customer competence build.
- Minimum education level required: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Telecommunications, or Information Technology (or a degree in a relevant field).
- Newly graduated individuals in 2017 or 2018 with the abovementioned qualifications are preferred.
- Internship experience from technical roles focusing on integration is advantageous but not a must, e.g. experience from work as an Intern – Integration Engineer.
- This is a full time graduate program with the duration of 12 months.
- Broad Technical Acumen
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Creating & Innovating
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking
- Presentation & Communication (written and verbal) skills
- Team work & collaboration skills
- Basic financial Understanding