The Tiso Foundation through its Tertiary Bursary Programme in partnership with various South African Universities seeks to identify deserving previously disadvantaged candidates who have demonstrated talent and determination in their previous academic lives.
South Africa is rich with talent and potential, but because of funding constraints and few opportunities, so much of this potential is never fully realised to the detriment of the socio- economic development of our country. The Foundation nurtures and empowers participants to achieve their academic potential, and go on to a meaningful career that will have a lasting impact on their careers, communities and the country. Scholarships are awarded to under privileged youth from marginalized communities who meet the selection criteria.
Selection criteria include;
good to excellent matric results or academic performance (if already registered at University), a dedication to their studies and a willingness to meaningfully participate in upliftment programmes existing in the communities from which they emanate. A highly competitive selection process ensures these bursaries are accessed and utilised by students with the greatest promise, with a particular focus in the fields of Engineering, Science, Commerce and Medicine.
Throughout the programme, beneficiaries are offered life skills training and academic support. Upon completion the Foundation is available to assist the best students to access career opportunities through its network of corporate and institutional relationships.
The programme aims:
- To promote equity in the workplace by supporting strong black students to acquire the necessary academic qualifications
- To help address the skills shortage in the economy
- To address challenges of poverty through the avenue of human capital development.
Since inception, the Foundation has funded 50 students pursuing degrees and national diplomas in accredited institutions of higher learning. Going forward,the Foundation targets to support 20 students per year through partnerships with various stakeholders.
Candidates must meet these selection criteria:
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 34
- Must come from a previously disadvantaged background.
- Must be in possession of good to excellent matric results.
- Must produce excellent results if already registered as a full time student.
- Must be financially needy
- Must portray and excellent positive attitude.
- Must be dedicated to their studies.
- Must provide references.
- Must be willing to give back to the community.
Table of Contents
How to apply
Closing date is 30 October 2015
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://tisofoundation.co.za/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Tertiary-Bursary-Application-Form-20151.pdf” size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Download Application Form[/otw_shortcode_button]
Click here to download the application form 2015.
Via – TISO