Opportunity closing date: Friday, 12 June 2015
Opportunity type: Employment
Remuneration: R13 200 per month.
Trade & Industrial Policy Strategies (TIPS) is a nonprofit company (NPC) based in Pretoria, South Africa. The organisation facilitates policy development and dialogue in pursuit of sustainable and inclusive growth. TIPS has three main focus areas: Trade and Industrial Policy, Inequality and Economic Inclusion and Sustainable Growth. Its working model integrates research and analysis, policy development, disseminating information, capacity building, technical support, and programme design and management.
TIPS seeks to appoint an Intern for its Sustainable Growth pillar, based in Pretoria.
Duration: six months (renewable for a further six months by mutual agreement).
Starting date: 1 August 2015
The intern will directly participate in projects carried out by TIPS, notably around industrial development and climate change; mining, energy and the environment; and climate finance. TIPS also offers the opportunity to conduct individual research, in line with the priorities of the institution.
- Masters in Economics (completed or in final stages of completing); alternatively Masters in Development Studies, Environmental Sciences, or a related field (with Economics III); and
- A professional or study background on themes related to sustainable growth, trade and industrial policy. Prior research pertaining to sustainable development, green economy, climate change, the energy sector, industrial policy, and/or the manufacturing sector would be an advantage.
- Proven writing, editing and presentation skills, with excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Experience with survey and data analysis would be an asset;
- Proven ability to work in a team as well as independently;
- Strong knowledge of research and databases available in the public domain for issues related to sustainable development, green economy, or trade and industrial policy;
- Attention to detail and be highly organised; and
- Capacity to work under pressure and to adhere strictly to deadlines.
Please note TIPS is an equal opportunity employer and this position will be filled in accordance with our current Employment Equity practices.
How To Apply
To apply, submit a short CV, a cover letter highlighting your interest for the position and how you match the requirements as well as a writing sample via e-mail to Edmore at [email protected].