Closing Date: 21 September 2018
ATNS Careers programme runs for 24 months consisting of twelve (12) months training at ATA and remaining twelve (12) months exposure at different ATNS Operational Sites.
A candidate who:
- Has completed a BSC /B. Eng. Graduate Degree (completed or about to be completed) from the University in any of the following fields:
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Is a South African Citizen with a valid ID
- Is Computer Literate (MS Office)
- Shows drive to achieve ambitious performance objectives and quality standards
- Is willing to take every opportunity to learn and grow
What happens in the twelve months?
ATNS Careers graduate development will be monitored throughout the 24 months period, which includes the mentorship and coaching programme.
After the 24 months programme, the company may place a candidate permanently in a suitable area having considered available vacancies, opportunities, performance and competence.
The following are some of the careers available at ATNS SOC Limited:
- Engineering Technicians
- Project Managers
- Systems Engineers
- Systems Specialists
- Technical Standards Specialists
- Research Engineers
The ideal candidate will have the following competencies:
- apply electrical/electronic engineering techniques and practices within a specific electrical/electronic area
- apply theoretical, problem-solving and lateral thinking in the design of new electrical/electronic systems
- communicate (verbal and/or written) in terms of worksheets, reports and on-the-job instructions
- communicate sound electrical/electronic engineering insights and solutions
- diagnose an electrical/electronic problem
- keep up to date with latest trends and development in the electrical and electronic areas
- applying electrical/electronic engineering to resolve problems/exploit opportunities
- creative, lateral thinking and problem-solving approaches
- the theory and practice of the electrical/electronic area