Want to have a career in finance? Want to be a part of this dynamic growing organization. The role forms part of State Street Southern Africa’s annual Internship Programme. The programme aims to assist candidates with their career development by providing them with relevant working experience as well as functional, system, industry and corporate training.State Street Corporation is the world’s leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading.
Explore the possibilities that a career at State Street can offer you.
The Fund Setup team is responsible for the co-ordination of the account opening process for new and existing clients within the UKMEA region. Fund Administrators are responsible for Account openings (accounting & custody) Fund name, beneficiary and share class/series name changes New share class/series set up Market openings Fund closures Client query resolution Service Delivery Develop an in depth understanding of all aspects of the role Develop a good understanding of the broader operating model Independently perform core tasks per relevant checklists Develop a good understanding of State Street systems Work in a manner that produces accurate and timely results
- Responsible for reviewing the production of accurate valuations and associated deliverables to meet client and publication deadlines. Daily validation of all purchases, sales, corporate actions and income events. Preparation and review of cash and stock reconciliations, also reconciliations of expenses, interest, dividends and withholding tax. To ensure that all events (trades, income, expenses, etc.) are updated within the general ledger accurately and in a timely manner.
- Fund Set Up Representatives (FSR) are responsible for completing all requests pertaining to the fund set up process for the UKMEA region as well as other associated deliverables in order to meet client deadlines. Completion and review of new share class/series set up packs. Prepare accounts in SORP format with supporting schedules.
- Financial Reports and Accounts Associates prepare corporation tax and income tax computations for insertion in the accounts and submission to Inland Revenue as well as performing quarterly tax reviews to ensure reasonableness of taxation accrual. They are also responsible for preparing total expense ratio calculations and interim and final accounts journals
- B.Com. / B. Bus. Sci. / similar
- 1 – 2 years working experience in a fund administration and/or similar environment is preferable
- B.Com. / B. Bus. Sci. or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience of daily pricing and / or accounting for unit trusts or other collective investment schemes preferred.
- Experience of working in fund accounting or similar environment preferred Good understanding of fund accounting and/or pricing process.
- An excellent understanding of accounting principles.
- An excellent understanding of financial markets and financial instruments.
- A good working knowledge of MS Excel.
- High numeric ability and attention to detail. Good interpersonal and communication skills Ability to cope with a steep learning curve and take a proactive approach to learning.
- Advanced organization skills and ability to work in a pressurized, deadline-driven environment absolutely essential
How to apply