St John’s College is an Anglican school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, offering quality education from Nursery School to Sixth Form. The school has an outstanding academic record and has an excellent reputation in sport, music, drama and debating.
Pre-Prep Teacher Intern
We are looking to employ a teacher intern in a learnership position in the St John’s Pre-Preparatory. Duties would include all classroom activities, teaching lessons where appropriate, attendance at all meetings and Pre-Prep functions, as well as some extra mural commitments.
- The successful candidate must have a good command of the English and Afrikaans languages.
- A 2nd, 3rd, 4th year or student (PDI) studying towards a BED or PGCE.
- Proof of year end examination results.
- An aspiring candidate who will continue his/her studies while serving as an intern in the classroom and on the sports field.
- A reference from one of the applicant’s lecturers.
How To Apply
Please e-mail your CV, together with names of three referees.
CLOSING DATE: 31 August 2015
The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application.
Houghton Estate, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa