SGS seeks to appoint 5 Lab Assistants in Barbeton, Mpumalanga.
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity.
- Receives samples from Reduction Plants, checks against checklist and reports anomalies to Supervisor.
- Allocates samples to relevant sections for preparation, e.g., to high grade and low – grade sections for filtering and drying.
- Sends samples in numbered packets to Fluxing.
- Do grading tests on all samples.
- Decides at own discretion, what weight to use if a sample is too small.
- Ensures that correct procedures are maintained throughout the process, from preparation to reporting.
- Receives and checks all samples from underground.
- Perform drying, washing, splitting and pulverizing of samples ensuring that samples are not interchanged.
- Sort samples into sequence and then into batches, numbers and compiles sample list for each batch. Sends batches to Fluxing.
- Changes jaw plates and pulverize plates to ensure fine crushing and pulverizing.
- Reports defective machinery to supervisor.
NB: The role is not limited to the key outputs mentioned above
- Std. 8, grade 10 (Not necessity)
- Any experience in an assay (gold) laboratory. Preference will be given if applicant has experience.
- Must be able to work with both hands
- Must be able to communicate in either English or Afrikaans
- Must be able to read and write
- Prepare to work shifts
How to apply
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://jobs.sgs.com/jobs/lab-assistant-barberton-x-5-8113″ size=”medium” icon_position=”left” shape=”round” color_class=”otw-red” target=”_blank”]Click here To Apply Online [/otw_shortcode_button]