Sekhukhune District Municipality: Junior Fire-Fighters (31 Posts)
Closing Date: 18 August 2014
Salary: R108502.60 per annum (excluding benefits)
The Sekhukhune District Municipality is looking to hire 31 Junior Fire-Fighters on a permanent at these centres: Groblersdal/Burgersford/Marble Hall/Jane Furse
- Grade 12
- Code 10 Driver’s Licence with PrDP
- Physical Fitness
- Further Education and Training: Fire and Rescue 57803, Fire-Fighter 1, Hazmat Awareness, First-Aid Level 3,
- Relevant Emergency Services work experince will be an added advantage.
- The preferred candidate must be able to operate under stressful and traumatic conditions, must not be acrophobic, claustrophobic (fear of heights and of confined spaces), must be able to make quick decisions.
- The candidate will be expected to wok night shifts and extended hours as and when required.
Key Performance Areas
- Respond to fire, accident scenes and other emergency calls within the municipal bondaries
- Seize up a fire scene, rescue scene or emergency scene upon arrival in accordance with prescribed procedures.
- Control and extinguish all types of fires
- Hadle all emergencies according to the set of standard operating procedure and SOGs.
- Rescue patients from vehicles, building or structure with all the means at the fire-fighter’s disposal and stabilizing vehicle/s, building or structure and patients before extraction.
- Stabilize patients according to training and protocol in the absense of medical/ ambulance personnel.
- Report to the Senior Fire- Figheter Officer on incidents and outcomes in the prescribed format.
- Ensure vehicles and equipment are in proper working condition and report any identified faults.
- Conduct regular spot checks.
How to apply
Please forward your application letter together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and certified copied of qualifications to: The Municipal Manager, Sekhukhune District Municipality, Private Bag X8611, Groblersdal, 0470 or hand deliver at 02 Hamman Street, Groblersdal, Linpopo.
Enquiries: Mashupyipuane or Mr Oriel Nemukula on (013) 262 7300
Via – Sekhukhune District Municipality