Closing Date: 15 JUNE 2018
The South African Police Service invites applications from all races and gender for Enlistment in the Northern Cape SAPS Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP) from young, energetic, intelligent, physically and mentally fit individuals, dedicated to serving their country by pursuing a career in policing.
|Job Title||Remuneration Level||Location||Closing Date|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Limpopo||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Eastern Cape||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Mpumalanga||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Western Cape||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Kwazulu-Natal||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||North West||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Northern Cape||2018/06/15|
|Download PDF Police Trainees||R4500 per month||Free State||2018/06/15|
Basic enlistment requirements: Young South African men and women who apply to be appointed as a member in terms of the South African Police Service Act, 1995 (Act no 68 of 1995) must:
- Apply on the application form determined by the National Commissioner and affirm under oath or by way of a solemn declaration that the information furnished in the application form is true and correct;
- Be a South African citizen of which documentary proof must be furnished;
- Be at least eighteen (18) and under thirty (30) years of age of which documentary proof must be furnished (APPLICANTS MUST BE UNDER THE AGE OF 30 YEARS BEFORE THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT);
- Be in possession of a Grade 12 school certificate or National Certificate (Vocational) Safety in Society of which documentary proof must be furnished (2017 matriculants are welcome to apply and before enlistment proof of successful completion of Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) must be submitted. As an interim arrangement kindly submit proof of Statement of Symbols, reflecting a pass rate for Senior Certificate); An aggregate of “4” and above in English may serve as an advantage;
- Must be in possession of a valid light motor vehicle driver’s licence. Only 10% of the total allocation of trainees will be allowed without a driver’s licence;
- Submit himself or herself to a physical medical examination as determined by the National Commissioner and must be found to be physically and mentally fit for appointment in the post for which he or she applies;
- Undergo a psychological assessment as determined by the National Commissioner and be found to comply with the profile of a police official;
- Be proficient in at least two of the official languages, of which one must be English;
- Be prepared to take the oath of office;
- Be prepared to undergo such training as determined by the National Commissioner;
- Not have any tattoo marks of which will be visible when wearing the SAPS summer uniform;
- Have no previous criminal convictions and/or pending criminal, civil, disciplinary cases and such person shall allow his or her fingerprints to be taken and allow background enquiries to be made;
- Not have been declared unfit to possess a firearm;
- Be prepared to serve anywhere in the Republic;
- Must have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 30; and
- Male applicants must have a Waist circumference £ 102cm and Female applicants must have a maximum waist circumference of 88cm.
All applicants will be subjected to a fitness, psychometric and integrity testing as well as medical evaluation and will be interviewed during the recruitment, selection and enlistment process. The SAPS will also verify the criminal record, qualifications, driver’s license, citizenship and residential address of each applicant. Applicants in possession of valid driver’s license for at least a light motor vehicle will receive preference. Applicants will be subjected to a vetting process which will include security screening and fingerprint verification. Applicants who previously served in a Government Department and who were dismissed as a result of misconduct are excluded. In view of the physical demands of the Basic Police Development Learning Programme, applicants with chronic diseases, physical impairments or any other health condition that may lead to interruption of the training programme, will be excluded from participation in the programme. Such applicants’ failure to disclose the conditions will result in their withdrawal from the programme on the determination thereof.
The Criminal Law (Forensic Procedures) Amendment Act, Act 37 of 2013 requires that all new appointments in the South African Police Service as from 31st of January 2015 provide a buccal (inside cheek) sample in order to determine their forensic DMA profile. The forensic DMA profile derived from the sample will be loaded to the Elimination Index of the National Forensic DMA Database.
Basic Police Development Learning Programme (BPDLP)
Successful applicants will participate in the Basic Police Development Learning Programme (hereafter referred to as the PROGRAMME) for a period of 21 (twenty one) months. Remuneration for Induction Phase and Basic Training Phase will be a stipend of R4500-00. The PROGRAMME shall consist of three phases:
- Induction Phase
- One (1) month at a designated police station;
- Basic Training Phase
- Eight (8) months Basic Training at a designated SAPS Academy (with practical training at a designated police station);
- Probation Phase
- After successful completion of the Induction and the Basic training Phases, the police trainee shall be appointed as a member of the Service under probation for a period of 12 months.
During the Basic Training Phase of the PROGRAMME the Service shall provide free training gear, meals and accommodation to the police trainee. Trainees will also receive medical aid benefits for the duration of the 21 month Basic Training Learning Programme. Upon successful completion of the Basic Training Learning Programme, trainees will be considered for permanent appointment as members of the SAPS.
Remuneration during the Probation Phase (on completion of the training period) will be on the first notch of Band A (currently R164 109 per annum). In addition to this, appointees will receive the applicable service benefits.
Core Functions: Successful candidates will serve as functional police officials. As such, they will be deployed to carry out one or more of the following functions: • Prevent, combat and investigate crime, • Maintain public order, • Protect and secure the inhabitants of the Republic and their property, • Uphold and enforce the law
How To Apply
- Application forms are obtainable at all local police stations. The application form must be completed in your own handwriting and must be handed in at your nearest police station.
- Applicants must take note of the fact that application forms and employment are not for sale and any payment offered by an applicant or promises provided in this regard will be investigated and may lead to criminal prosecution. Applicants may report such incidents to the National Anti Corruption Line at telephone number: 0800 701 701.
- Specify the post which you are applying for.
- Make sure you have signed your application form.
- Attach certified copies of your: • ID Document, • Driver’s license, • Matric/Senior Certificate (Grade 12 certificate • Additional qualifications, • Proof of residence.
- You are advised to apply for posts within your province, close to your place of
- Visit your nearest police stations in order to obtain application forms.
- Application forms must be hand delivered to
- (a) Your nearest Police Station (HRM office)
VACANCIES: NORTHERN CAPE
|PIXLEY KA SEME CLUSTER||NAMAKWA CLUSTER|
|Prieska||NC:23/05/2018||ZF MGCAWU CLUSTER|
|FRANCES BAARD CLUSTER||Noenieput||NC:57/05/2018|
|JOHN TAOLO GAETSEWE|
STREET DE AAR
PRIVATE BAG X1003
DE AAR 7000
MEKI LT COL FOURIE CAPT
ENSLIN PPO NGUBO PPO
0536329536 / 0536329539 / 0536329543 / 0536329540
PRIVATE BAG X12
SPRINGBOK 8240 CAPT VAN DER BYL
0277189126 / 0538393767
17 GEORGE PRIVATE BAG X5001 LT COL NCOKO W/O 0538393776
STREET KIMBERLEY BOTHA PO SYFERS PO 0538393724
MOORCROFT PO RAAF
0538392516 / 0538392517
18 SCHOEDER COL CHRISTIANS CAPT 0543375861
PRIVATE BAG X5986 054 3375807
STREET UPINGTON BRITS PPO VAN WYK AC
UPINGTON 8800 054 3375863
25 VOORTREKKER COL MASOMBUKA LT 0537129813
PRIVATE BAG X906 COL HUMAN PPO 0537129826
KURUMAN 8460 LEKGETHO PPO 0537129821
LT COL GREEFF PPO 0273418653
HANTAM STREET PRIVATE BAG X28 0273418646
MULLER PO BRANDT
CALVINIA 8190 CALVINIA 8190