Robben- Island Museum: Shop Assistant Opportunity
The Robben- Island Museum has a Shop Assistant vacancy available in its Finance Department for a period of 2 months. The incumbent will be responsible for all areas of stock control, cash handling and carrying of Cargo – both from sale of merchandise.
Key performance areas:
- To be responsible for all aspects of stock handling;
- Responsible for loading and offloading of cargo;
- Dealing with sales and admissions;
- Reconciling cash receipts on a daily basis;
- Monitoring the stock budget and ensuring that purchases are contained within the purchasing budget;
- Ensuring standards of quality, customer service and health and safety are met;
- Responding to customer complaints and comments;
- Responding to general enquiries about the centre and local history; where necessary;
- Organising special promotions and displays;
- Work as part of a multi disciplinary team;
- Ensuring the security of the stock.
- Two years retail, till operator or cashier experience.
- Customer service experience
- Literacy and numeracy
- Ability to speak English and at least two other languages (foreign or local). RIM is an EE, AA, employer, RIM reserves the right the right not to make an appointment if suitable candidate are not found.
How to apply
Forward a detailed CV, accompanied by certified copies your ID and qualification certificates as well as contactable referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 021 425 2131 by no later than 17 November 2015.
Note : If you do not hear from us within 30 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.