Publications Internship 2015 at The Human Sciences Research Council
The Human Sciences Research Council seeks to invite a highly motivated individual, who is interested in pursuing a career in publishing, to apply for the Publications Intern position in its Africa Institute of South Africa (AISA) programme in Pretoria.Duration: 1 Year ContractKey Responsibilities:
Provide copy-editing and proof reading of manuscripts;
Liaise with authors, typesetters, copy-editors, and proof-readers; and
Assist in the collation of manuscripts.
- Undergraduate degree in publishing studies or related field;
- Advanced computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Proof of registration (for registered students);
- Academic transcripts (for registered students); and
- A recommendation letter from supervisor (for registered students).
The HSRC offers attractive, market-related packages depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Applications: In your application, please include: your CV, a letter of motivation, and the details of three recent referees (with telephone, fax and e-mail contact details). Ensure that you indicate the reference number. The HSRC will only consider applications that comply with the above requirements. Applicants may be required to undertake a written exercise in the competencies required for the position.
Unfortunately this position is now closed.
Please sign up to receive updates about any new opportunities.
* Click here to sign up for email updates.
* Click here to JOIN our Facebook Group for regular updates.
* Click here to LIKE our Facebook page for regular updates.
* Click here to FOLLOW us on Twitter for the latest updates.
* Click here to FOLLOW us on Google+ for the latest updates.
For enquiries (not applications) please contact Mr Solani Ngobeni on +27 12 316 9768.We encourage applicants to submit prior to that date. Applicants who have not been contacted within eight weeks should assume that their application has been unsuccessful. Only candidates who are interviewed will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
Closing Date: 27 November 2014
Via – HSRC