The Capricorn District Municipality is embarking on an internship programme that is part of the initiative to address its critical and scarce skills as well as provide hands on workplace training for unemployed graduates. The programme intends to develop emerging labour entrants with skills and experience to function in a business or working environment.
Financial Management Grant Internships (3 Positions)
The duration of this internship is 3 years. During the period interns will be placed in a relevant department within the municipality. The total remuneration package of Internship is R 100 000.00. This will be paid on a monthly basis as a stipend.
Applications are invited from unemployed and suitably qualified graduates who are not on any internship programme currently or previously and possess a B. Com Degree in Accounting.
One-Year Internship Opportunities
The duration of this internship is 12 months. During the period interns will be placed in a relevant department within the municipality. Interns will receive stipends of R 3 500 per month during their placement in the municipality.
Applications are invited from unemployed and suitably qualified graduates who meet the under-listed criteria:
- Corporate Services – Degree or National Diploma in Information Technology & Management, Human Resources, Social Sciences, Politics, Public Management and Administration (10 Positions)
- Communications – Degree or National Diploma in Communications/Journalism, Media Studies and Events Management and Graphic Design (3 Positions)
- Special Focus – Degree or National Diploma in Youth Development, Gender, Disability, Elderly and Child Care Studies (2 Positions)
- Inter – governmental Relations – Degree or National Diploma in Social Sciences, Politics, Public Management and Administration (1 Position)
- Community Services- Completed 3yr Diploma/Degree in Disaster, Public Management and Administration and Social Development (7 Positions)
- Infrastructure – Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemistry or Bachelor of Science in Applied Science majoring with Chemistry or National Diploma in Water Care OR Bachelor of Science Degree in Microbiology or National Diploma in Biotechnology OR Bachelor Degree or National Diploma in Public Management and Administration OR Bachelor Degree or National Diploma in Civil Engineering & Project Management & Build Environment (7 Positions)
How to apply
The closing date for the Internship Applications is 21 April 2017.
Applications should be submitted at the Capricorn District Municipal Offices located at 41 Biccard Street, Polokwane. Application via email or fax would not be acceptable.
Enquiries should be directed to Mr. Z Kganakga who can be reached via email at [email protected] or telephonically on (015) 294 1028.