Post CV: Finance Internship Opportunities 2016 at Umzumbe Municipality
Closing Date: 26 February 2016
Basic Salary R100 000.00 pa plus 13th cheque 41882/P
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified and or experienced persons for the above-mentioned post.
- A valid matric certificate
- An appropriate recognized tertiary qualification in either of the following disciplines: 3 year degree in BCom or a
- National Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Financial Management/Taxation and Auditing.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as interpersonal skills.
- The successful applicant must be computer literate in MS Office, must have analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assist in the preparation of multi-year annual budget.
- Assist in monitoring budgetary expenditure and income against monthly actual.
- Prepare monthly returns to National and Provincial Treasury, Statistics SA and other external government agencies or departments.
- Prepare monthly budgetary reports to Council and Portfolio Committees.
- Assist in the maintenance and record keeping of assets.
- Assist in recording all financial transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Municipal Finance Management Act, No. 56 of 2003 and other relevant legislation.
- Various other duties as required within the Finance Department.
How To Apply
All application letters, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of the qualifications should be addressed to: The Human Resources Manager, Umzumbe Municipality, PO Box 561 Hibberdene 4220 or hand delivered to Mathulini MPCC, Sipofu Road, Umthwalume 4186.
Canvassing of councilors or employees in respect of the position will lead to immediate disqualification of the applicant. Enquiries: Mr. Kushi Audan, Chief Financial Officer @ 039 972 0005.