The Department of Science and Technology (DST) together with the South African National Space Agency (SANSA) invites applications from unemployed science, engineering and technology graduates. Successful candidates will be required to volunteer in the DST’s National Youth Service Programme. Volunteers will be based at the SANSA Science Centre in Hermanus.
Three (3) positions for persons aged 18-35 are available. This is a one year contract position (1 January 2015 – 31 December 2015)
Stipends paid to volunteers per month are as follows:
- National Diploma (R4000),
- Bachelor’s Degree/B.Tech (R4500),
- Honours (R5000),
- Master’s (R6000),
- PhD (R7200).
The volunteers will be required to:
- Assist with School Science Support programmes
- Contribute to the development of science education material
- Organize and facilitate science and technology awareness events
- A Science Degree or an Engineering qualification with Physics and Mathematics as one of your subjects will be to your advantage
- Good communication skills
All travel and relocation costs will be at the candidates’ own expenses.
How to apply
Should you be interested and meet the above requirements, please e-mail your detailed CV and a covering letter summarising the reasons for applying to [email protected]
Closing Date: 14 November 2014
Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Via – SANSA